Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,729 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

He did it for the sympathy sex.

From who? His hand? That's the same "girl" a lot of guys are dating.

The only thing that would make this any weirder would be if he drew a face on his hand (Senor Wences style) and introduced it as "Lennay".

#468 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

+1to you sir!

#469 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

It gets even more interesting. Apparently Te'o wasn't in on it at first. . .but once he figured it out it stills seems strange.

http://espn.go.com/c...girlfriend-hoax

#470 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

so is he gay or what?

#471 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

It gets even more interesting. Apparently Te'o wasn't in on it at first. . .but once he figured it out it stills seems strange.

http://espn.go.com/c...girlfriend-hoax

This article doesn't say he knew. It just talks about ronaiah doing this to other people and he is behind it with his cousins

#472 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I found Lennay
Posted Image

#473 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

This article doesn't say he knew. It just talks about ronaiah doing this to other people and he is behind it with his cousins

That's what I said, that he wasn't in on it at first. However, when he did find out the facts he still talked her up.

#474 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

So... If this does end up being something that Teo didn't know about, what's the over/under on arrogant, judgmental huddlers retracting their statements vs. ignoring that their psychic abilities once again failed them and instead resort to talking about how stupid Teo is?

#475 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,729 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Honestly, the bad part is how do you know who or what to believe?

Let's say he comes out with a "here's the real truth" statement: deceived, gay, in on it, whatever.

Knowing that he's already been caught in more than one lie, will people believe him?

(frankly, why should they?)

#476 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

So... If this does end up being something that Teo didn't know about, what's the over/under on arrogant, judgmental huddlers retracting their statements vs. ignoring that their psychic abilities once again failed them and instead resort to talking about how stupid Teo is?

He referenced her at least three times in the media AFTER he knew it was hoax, at the very least ... so he was at least somewhat complicit, if not in on the entire thing.

#477 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

The best case scenario at this point for Te'o is that Ronaiah comes clean and admits that he duped Te'o. It is then clear that Te'o, before finding out that he was tricked, lied about meeting her and then misled the media regarding the degree of his relationship with this woman. Once he found out he was duped, he then perpetuated the lie to avoid the shame. So...best case scenario is still that he is naive and a liar. And how many NFL teams are going to look for a defensive leader in a guy that fell in love with someone he never met, was so easily deceived, and then continued to carry on a lie once he learned of it for his own benefit - to minimize shame and damage to his public profile, Heisman chances,and draft stock? As more and more come out with stories that Ronaiah was behind it all and felt guilty about it eventually, I believe that Te'o was legitimately tricked at first. But the fact that he was tricked, embelleshed the degree of his relationship, and then perpetuated the lie completely destroys his value as a "leader" or even a respectable teammate in the NFL.

This is looking to me like a Vontaze Burfict situation all over again. Maybe he'll turn out to be a stud in the NFL, but there isn't a chance in hell that a team is going to draft him in the first round.

#478 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,609 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

really? Becaue I can name much more Christians and Catholics that do crazier poo than this. Religion has nothing to do with it except give the media something to add it for controversial means and prey on individuals like you whoe do no research or have no facts but just believe the regurgitated, commercilized, sterotypical view.

I'm not mormon, but I was raised mormon and there are differences even within the faith just like Christians, Jews, Buddhist and Catholics really any other realigion. Modern LDS members are very nice, good, honest poeple. THere are crazy traditionalists (like EVERY religion, who believe unaccepted things) but just because someone is Mormon doesn't mean they believe anything more 'crazy' or wacked out than anyone else. Yea Mormon history of lots of wives etc., is not appealing to the masses but it's not any more whacked out then some of the poo Christians believe either. Don't even get me started on Christian/Catholic history, if you want to talk about some truley crazy poo. It's just more widley accepted so they don't get crtisized or doubted.

Kinda hard to say who is 'crazy' in a world of myth and faith, isn't it?

(no offense to catholics or christians, just the more accepted religions in the U.S.)

Yea I don't think every single Mormon is some wacko...but Te'o seems to be pretty deep in his religious beliefs, which happens to be Mormon. I watched that "undercover" vid on youtube showing the practices inside a Mormon temple. It's terrifying we almost had someone that believes in that stuff in the White House...Romney had the pathological liar thing down pat as well.

I agree that Catholics and Christians and just about every organized religion has crazy fairytale stuff going on too...but that is a topic for the Tinderbox.

#479 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Honestly, the bad part is how do you know who or what to believe?

Let's say he comes out with a "here's the real truth" statement: deceived, gay, in on it, whatever.

Knowing that he's already been caught in more than one lie, will people believe him?

(frankly, why should they?)

That's a big reason for my total lack of interest.

#480 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,630 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Could this thread actually become one of the longest running on the board?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com