548 replies to this topic

#541 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

and how exactly is it classless? You act as if gay is derogatory.

The only classless thing going on here is, being gay + playing football isn't allowed at this point in time. There are NO openly gay players in the NFL. The only ones usually come out after their playing career is over. It's the sad truth.

Manti Te'o is clearly gay. He made up a fake girlfriend to cover up his closeted homosexuality. You can't be openly gay and win the Heisman, or become an NFL star. Now is not the time for him to come out of the closet, because he still could have a successful NFL career, which could be shattered if he came clean right now. Until he just admits why he came up with this story, it will keep getting more bizarre.

#542 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Gosh, I see why those in our b media will always stay employed. Some guy from DeadSpin breaks a story and all of a sudden the kid is either a liar or gay. There is no other alternative to this story because the media said so. SMDH

#543 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

add another layer to this already weird story

http://sports.yahoo....aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

#544 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

add another layer to this already weird story

http://sports.yahoo....aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

when is this ever going to end?

#545 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

No facts? He spent hundreds of hours on the phone talking to a man saying sweet nothings and all that garbage. Wait wait...a man pretending to be a woman. Not even the best voice actor could keep up that nonsense for that long. And if they did, they are in need of some serious mental help.

Ny times hired voice analysis experts that confirmed it was ronaiahs female cousin talkin to te'o. Try again sir.

#546 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

The only classless thing going on here is, being gay + playing football isn't allowed at this point in time. There are NO openly gay players in the NFL. The only ones usually come out after their playing career is over. It's the sad truth.

Manti Te'o is clearly gay. He made up a fake girlfriend to cover up his closeted homosexuality. You can't be openly gay and win the Heisman, or become an NFL star. Now is not the time for him to come out of the closet, because he still could have a successful NFL career, which could be shattered if he came clean right now. Until he just admits why he came up with this story, it will keep getting more bizarre.

You have absolutely no facts to support he's gay. That's all speculation and every fact that's come out supports he got duped. Occums razors. The simplest answer is usually the right one. He got duped and lied so he wouldn't get embarrassed. Not create a fake Internet girlfriend to throw people off then kill her for no apparent reason. It would make more sense to keep Her alive if he didn't want to be caught. Try doing research before you start accusing people of being gay with no evidence.

#547 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

People are gettin out of hand with this... ESPN aired a portion of the interview today, and guess which one it was today? You got it... The "are you gay?" segment.

I don't understand. What is the correct way you answer that question without coming off suspect? That's the equivalent of the old middle school joke, "Answer my question... Does your mom know you're gay?"

Also, the dude gets millions of women throwing themselves at him everyday... If he wanted to hide that he was gay, you don't think he could just find a girl to lock up and give the appearance that he wasn't?

#548 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

People are gettin out of hand with this... ESPN aired a portion of the interview today, and guess which one it was today? You got it... The "are you gay?" segment.

I don't understand. What is the correct way you answer that question without coming off suspect? That's the equivalent of the old middle school joke, "Answer my question... Does your mom know you're gay?"

Also, the dude gets millions of women throwing themselves at him everyday... If he wanted to hide that he was gay, you don't think he could just find a girl to lock up and give the appearance that he wasn't?

I heard that bit this morning. I had to chuckle at that. Yet I wonder why ESPN still have a ticker at the bottom of the screen, dedicated to the Te'o story?

#549 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

That's the thing,

On the one hand, you've got people who have it set in mind that he is and who will continue to believe that regardless of whether there are any facts that actually support it just because of the old "confirmation bias". They'll say he's lying about that (among other things).

On the other hand, you've got people who just figure he lied somewhere along the line so you have to be pretty skeptical of anything he says at this point (this is my camp). I actually don't think he's gay. I do think he's gullible, a liar, and an attention *****.

But in the end, regardless of what camp you fall into, there is no scenario in this where he comes out looking good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com