Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Never heard of the guy

#72 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

He was supposed to have told SI that he called her and would leave the phone on all night while she slept.

That kind of thing doesn't come from a guy who's a victim.

#73 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Time for Panthers fans to start asking: If he is still on the board when our 5th rounder comes up, do we.....?

Yes..But He will not drop that far. I honestly do not know if this changes anything. We will see how the story plays out.

#74 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

srsly

#75 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

With all this said about the theories as to why he lied or continued a lie, let's keep in mind not to discriminate against homosexuals.

This doesn't read like a guy trying to hide that he's gay.

It reads more like a young guy pulling a dumbass stunt that got out of control.

#76 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

How the fug do you figure they are not related? Manti is accused of lying to the entire world for the past few months. Lance has lied to the entire world for at least the past 12 years.

one cheated. the other didnt. one saved lives and raised money. the other didnt. them lying is the only thing they have in common. in any scandal there are lies. does that make this and every scandal related? no

#77 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• LocationPasadena, CA
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Per ESPN http://espn.go.com/c...apparently-hoax

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.
"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.
"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.
"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.
"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.
"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

So he had a virtual girlfriend?

#78 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

This doesn't read like a guy trying to hide that he's gay.

It reads more like a young guy pulling a dumbass stunt that got out of control.

We also know that he linked the story with his grandmother. I'm wondering if he broke down about his grandmother's death, and this story was a way to cope. To the point he began to believe his own lie to a degree. In that case, he needs help.

Of course if all that is true, provided he receive help and such, this story won't hurt his draft stock, as far as draft stock is concerned.

#79 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Per ESPN http://espn.go.com/c...apparently-hoax

So he had a virtual girlfriend?

That story is a load of crap.

#80 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

LMAO @ THIS

https://twitter.com/...667906012524545

"Lennay" just tweeted Te'o. This is hilarious and sad at the same time.

And it is pretty much a guarantee Te'o knew about this. He told the media that they met in person for the first time after a game. There is no way he can get around that.

This guy is a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users