#16 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Eighty percent of the antibiotics sold in the United States goes to chicken, pigs, cows and other animals that people eat, yet producers of meat and poultry are not required to report how they use the drugs — which ones, on what types of animal, and in what quantities. This dearth of information makes it difficult to document the precise relationship between routine antibiotic use in animals and antibiotic-resistant infections in people, scientists say.

The scale of the problem became clear in 2010 when the F.D.A. began publishing total pharmaceutical company sales of antibiotics for use in animals raised for human consumption. It turned out that an overwhelming majority of antibiotics produced went to animals, not people.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,251 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I had the best fuging halibut at Shula's tonight. Blackened. Sautéed spinach on the side. Oyster apps. About 9 Guiness. Delish.

#18 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I had the best fuging halibut at Shula's tonight. Blackened. Sautéed spinach on the side. Oyster apps. About 9 Guiness. Delish.

gonna make one awesome office poop.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

yea, that shiat is disgusting... i've started buying a lot more organic meat in the last year...

#20 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

yea, that shiat is disgusting... i've started buying a lot more organic meat in the last year...

Me too, esp ground beef.

#21 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

I went to that jerkey store by concord mills at Christmas and kangaroo meat was actually kinda expensive. I love meat in general and will try anything. Steak and seafood are my favorite.

LOL...I drove by there this morning on the way taking my daughter to school and I looked over at that place and said to myself: "That has to be a mob front because it has been open for more than 6 months and who the Hell would go to a Beef Jerkey outlet?" Seriously...the lease there has to be expensive and there is no way it can be sustained selling just jerkey.

My parents brought me back quite a bit of Kangaroo meat and jerkey from Australia and I wasn't impressed. Wish they brought me back some Koala jerkey instead.

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

LOL...I drove by there this morning on the way taking my daughter to school and I looked over at that place and said to myself: "That has to be a mob front because it has been open for more than 6 months and who the Hell would go to a Beef Jerkey outlet?" Seriously...the lease there has to be expensive and there is no way it can be sustained selling just jerkey.

My parents brought me back quite a bit of Kangaroo meat and jerkey from Australia and I wasn't impressed. Wish they brought me back some Koala jerkey instead.

depends how you cook it... it's gamey and kinda tough... real lean... you have to marinate it... let it tenderize. but if you let it marinate for a day or so and then treat it like skirt steak...it's delish.

#23 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I had kangaroo at that Saskatoons and I wasn't all that impressed. It was ok but I liked the venison and the emu better.

#24 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

it probably also helps that i ate the majority of kangaroo that i've eaten while camping in the outback... that probably made it taste better.

#25 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

They sell a ton of flavors of jerkey as well as smoked meat, deep fried peanuts and flavored popcorn.

#26 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

she don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone!!!

I'll die before I stop eating beef

#27 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

there's a lot of nasty ass poo in a ton of stuff we eat...it's a lot worse than a little bit of horsey meat here and there.....do some research..it's gross

example...not that I ate them before..but canned mushrooms...no thanks...I prefer not to eat maggots

#28 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

there's a lot of nasty ass poo in a ton of stuff we eat...it's a lot worse than a little bit of horsey meat here and there.....do some research..it's gross

example...not that I ate them before..but canned mushrooms...no thanks...I prefer not to eat maggots

at least maggots aren't pumped full of hormones and anti-biotics.

#29 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

this is true too

#30 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators