Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Public Option Resurfaced By House Democrats As Deficit Reduction Measure

40 posts in this topic

Posted

what gets lost in this type of debate when people say no to taxes is they just assume its yay rich or a certain segment. not always the case.

many times, people vote no because they do not TRUST the goofballs in office, will spend wisely.

for some reason, many don't wrap their head around that.

yeah i have a p hard time wrapping my head around dumb opinions

seriously though if i lived in alabama i'd be weary of higher revenues for the government, given the state's history of overt discrimination. that being said, i bet that's not why they opposed higher taxes on the rich. in fact, i bet it was something really fuging stupid like "Opponents of the tax hike convinced voters that it would cost the state jobs" ( btw this is from the article)

tbqh i'd be down to let alabama secede if we could have a window of time to help refugees get the fug out of there before the state becomes a wasteland*

*more so than it already is

Posted

My boss keeps talking about at some point pushing us onto govt healthcare. I told him that would be fine but I would expect a 25% salary increase as our loaded benefits costs him around 33% I would let him net 8%.

I seem to recall you posting about how companies would not kill their insurance options, pay the fee, and force employees onto the gov't plan.....actually using your company as an example of how they would use their benefits as a recruiting tool.

Now, your company is talking about this.

This is exactly what MANY companies will do and exactly what the Obama Administration intended.

They could not get a single provider plan passes because that is not what the majority of people wanted. So, he backdoored this plan before anyone knew what was in it. Only to design one that incented employers to drop coverage.....thus getting what he wanted.

And, if you think your boss is going to give you a huge raise....you are kidding yourself.

Posted

Guarenteed the illiterate he was speaking of were the products of our glorious public school system.

You have a misspelled word and a conjugation error in this sentence alone.

Posted

The owner often times says things just to antagonize me and bait me into a discussion/debate. He also tells me things like this because I won't give the normal underling answer. You should see the discussions when we talk sales compensation lol

Healthcare is a differentiator just as salary, 401k, and vacation.

And if you think I'd work for the same amount you are very mistaken. They need me more than i need them. He knows that know too. :)

Posted

The owner often times says things just to antagonize me and bait me into a discussion/debate. He also tells me things like this because I won't give the normal underling answer. You should see the discussions when we talk sales compensation lol

Healthcare is a differentiator just as salary, 401k, and vacation.

And if you think I'd work for the same amount you are very mistaken. They need me more than i need them. He knows that know too. :)

I got $100 you would stay if he went down this road.

And maybe I would lose, but 99% of the folks out there would/will stay.

Posted

I got $100 you would stay if he went down this road.

And maybe I would lose, but 99% of the folks out there would/will stay.

The difference is who needs who more. He at least knows where I stand on it even if it was discussed over a meat and three lunch and we were laughing.

Posted

The difference is who needs who more. He at least knows where I stand on it even if it was discussed over a meat and three lunch and we were laughing.

Like I said, I would possibly lose that bet to you, I don't know....

I do have a pretty good idea that most would not walk out on their jobs if that was the case.

Posted

Like I said, I would possibly lose that bet to you, I don't know....

I do have a pretty good idea that most would not walk out on their jobs if that was the case.

I wouldn't walk that day lolz thats non too smart. I wouldn't be there very much longer though.

Posted

I would assume it would go like this.

Boss to office staff: We are dropping your coverage now that it's "free" and most of you voted for the idiot that put this system in place.

Panthro to boss: Can I speak with you a minute in private?

Boss: Sure.

Panthro (behind closed doors): This program is not going to be nearly as nice as the one that you provided earlier (I voted for the guy who put it in motion) and it's going to save you some money. I think that a 25% pay raise is in order.

Boss: Hahahaha I told you guys not to vote for him....anyway, I don't think that we are going to be able to do that. See we budget for the year, and sometimes for years in advance. This is somewhat unexpected and I am not really happy to have to do this, but we have to see how it's going to go. Maybe we can trial this thing for a couple of years and then re-visit the raises and such.

Panthro: A couple of years, I, um, I can't wait a couple of years, and I really like working here.

Boss: I understand, but we have no idea how much more in corporate income tax they are going to start taking out when they figure out just how much this is going to cost the citizens of this country.

Panthro: What does that mean to me?

Boss: Well, if and this is a big if......I raised your salary by 25%....are you going to take a true pay CUT when you find out they are raising our taxes?

Panthro: uhhhhh no, not really.

Boss: Well, like I said, we like you here and hope that you stay, but if you don't, or can't, I will give you a good reference. Please close the door on your way out. Thanks.

Posted

You forgot where the boss raises his own pay in accordance with the revenue increase (considering he will take a pay cut and go back down to his merely luxurious salary when the time to adjust for corporate tax increases comes).

Posted

You forgot where the boss raises his own pay in accordance with the revenue increase (considering he will take a pay cut and go back down to his merely luxurious salary when the time to adjust for corporate tax increases comes).

That's what you do when you are the BOSS.

Or he could be taxed to death, shut his doors, and lose 20 years of hard work.

Either way.

Posted

That's what you do when you are the BOSS.

Or he could be taxed to death, shut his doors, and lose 20 years of hard work.

Either way.

Or he could fairly compensate his workers. Taking away health coverage is equivalent to forcing a pay cut.

Hell they could call it a medical savings bonus. When the taxes come rolling in the bonus goes away.