• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

The owner often times says things just to antagonize me and bait me into a discussion/debate. He also tells me things like this because I won't give the normal underling answer. You should see the discussions when we talk sales compensation lol

Healthcare is a differentiator just as salary, 401k, and vacation.

And if you think I'd work for the same amount you are very mistaken. They need me more than i need them. He knows that know too. :)

#17 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

The owner often times says things just to antagonize me and bait me into a discussion/debate. He also tells me things like this because I won't give the normal underling answer. You should see the discussions when we talk sales compensation lol

Healthcare is a differentiator just as salary, 401k, and vacation.

And if you think I'd work for the same amount you are very mistaken. They need me more than i need them. He knows that know too. :)

I got $100 you would stay if he went down this road.

And maybe I would lose, but 99% of the folks out there would/will stay.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I got $100 you would stay if he went down this road.

And maybe I would lose, but 99% of the folks out there would/will stay.

The difference is who needs who more. He at least knows where I stand on it even if it was discussed over a meat and three lunch and we were laughing.

#19 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

The difference is who needs who more. He at least knows where I stand on it even if it was discussed over a meat and three lunch and we were laughing.

Like I said, I would possibly lose that bet to you, I don't know....

I do have a pretty good idea that most would not walk out on their jobs if that was the case.

#20 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Like I said, I would possibly lose that bet to you, I don't know....

I do have a pretty good idea that most would not walk out on their jobs if that was the case.

I wouldn't walk that day lolz thats non too smart. I wouldn't be there very much longer though.

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I would assume it would go like this.

Boss to office staff: We are dropping your coverage now that it's "free" and most of you voted for the idiot that put this system in place.

Panthro to boss: Can I speak with you a minute in private?

Boss: Sure.

Panthro (behind closed doors): This program is not going to be nearly as nice as the one that you provided earlier (I voted for the guy who put it in motion) and it's going to save you some money. I think that a 25% pay raise is in order.

Boss: Hahahaha I told you guys not to vote for him....anyway, I don't think that we are going to be able to do that. See we budget for the year, and sometimes for years in advance. This is somewhat unexpected and I am not really happy to have to do this, but we have to see how it's going to go. Maybe we can trial this thing for a couple of years and then re-visit the raises and such.

Panthro: A couple of years, I, um, I can't wait a couple of years, and I really like working here.

Boss: I understand, but we have no idea how much more in corporate income tax they are going to start taking out when they figure out just how much this is going to cost the citizens of this country.

Panthro: What does that mean to me?

Boss: Well, if and this is a big if......I raised your salary by 25%....are you going to take a true pay CUT when you find out they are raising our taxes?

Panthro: uhhhhh no, not really.

Boss: Well, like I said, we like you here and hope that you stay, but if you don't, or can't, I will give you a good reference. Please close the door on your way out. Thanks.

#22 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

You forgot where the boss raises his own pay in accordance with the revenue increase (considering he will take a pay cut and go back down to his merely luxurious salary when the time to adjust for corporate tax increases comes).

#23 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

You forgot where the boss raises his own pay in accordance with the revenue increase (considering he will take a pay cut and go back down to his merely luxurious salary when the time to adjust for corporate tax increases comes).

That's what you do when you are the BOSS.

Or he could be taxed to death, shut his doors, and lose 20 years of hard work.

Either way.

#24 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Either way.

Or he could fairly compensate his workers. Taking away health coverage is equivalent to forcing a pay cut.

Hell they could call it a medical savings bonus. When the taxes come rolling in the bonus goes away.

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Or he could fairly compensate his workers. Taking away health coverage is equivalent to forcing a pay cut.

Fairly.....you must be young.

No, it's not. You won't lose your house and car over changing health coverage.

I can tell you have never run a business before.

#26 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Fairly.....you must be young.

No, it's not. You won't lose your house and car over changing health coverage.

I can tell you have never run a business before.

In the same way that I can tell you are selfish and probably unpleasant to interact with. Which is not at all. Beer summit?

The business I run has one employee.

#27 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Either way.

yep that's literally the only two things that can possibly happen

#28 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

http://www.huffingto..._n_2483499.html

not that this has a chance in hell of ever passing a congress dominated by the insurance lobby, but it's nice to think about

Youve obviously never been to a veterans administration hospital have you?

#29 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,228 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

let me make sure i follow this. people were up in arms because the uninsured when they went to the ER, no matter who, what, where and when, were treated. then, those costs were more or less covered by hospitals or other people?

so that was bad?

now, there won't be any uninsured and when they go to the ER, no matter who, what, where or when, it's paid for by....someone else?

what part of the first system was adding to the deficit and what part of the second one will tangibly reduce the deficit?

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

the way I have had it explained to me by people pushing for single payer in Vermont, the bigger problem wasn't uninsured going to the ER at all, it's the uninsured going to the ER instead of going to an appropriate place of care, because the ER was the only place they could get treatment really - so they'd go for basic care that they could get at a doctor if they had the medical coverage needed for that. that could have been exclusive to vermont, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.