39 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,231 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Fairly.....you must be young.

No, it's not. You won't lose your house and car over changing health coverage.

I can tell you have never run a business before.

So you would be fine with a smaller commission rate because your boss wants more money.

#32 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

the way I have had it explained to me by people pushing for single payer in Vermont, the bigger problem wasn't uninsured going to the ER at all, it's the uninsured going to the ER instead of going to an appropriate place of care, because the ER was the only place they could get treatment really - so they'd go for basic care that they could get at a doctor if they had the medical coverage needed for that. that could have been exclusive to vermont, though.

right. i get that on the medical practical level. but how is that adding to the deficit?

#33 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,380 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

right. i get that on the medical practical level. but how is that adding to the deficit?

ER visits are far, far more expensive than normal doctor's visits. When the patient of that ER visit does not pay, that cost is shifted to people who are paying.

Instead, if the patient went to a primary care physician they could have gotten cheaper treatment. Still not paying, but relieving the rest from shouldering as much of the cast.

#34 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

costs were added at local and state level. i just don't see how it was adding the Fed deficit.

#35 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

So you would be fine with a smaller commission rate because your boss wants more money.

Nope. But comparing changing health benefits to an actual pay decrease is not quite the same.

And by the way, am I hearing a liberal who wanted this bill to pass say that it's not nearly as nice as the current healthcare plan that you are on? And you would want to be compensated more to have to use the healthcare that you wanted?

#36 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Nope. But comparing changing health benefits to an actual pay decrease is not quite the same.

And by the way, am I hearing a liberal who wanted this bill to pass say that it's not nearly as nice as the current healthcare plan that you are on? And you would want to be compensated more to have to use the healthcare that you wanted?

So you won't acknowledge that changing health benefits to an inferior plan costs money for the end user?

#37 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

So you won't acknowledge that changing health benefits to an inferior plan costs money for the end user?

Are you sure that the end user is going to get sick, or use the insurance in any way?

How exactly can you quantify what that cost offset is going to be?

Why would the boss not say....good for the goose, good for the gander. He would most likely be switching his over as well as his employees?

Are you saying that the system that most liberals have been saying is so awesome is actually substantially worse than what the private sector supplied?

#38 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,231 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

There is a difference between awesome and necessary.

Glad to see you'd be fine with being compensated less.

You should volunteer to reduce your commissions to help pad your bosses pockets

#39 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

i think the only real winners with any new health care are those with pre existing conditions who did NOT have any ample insurance.

btw- congress still has not gotten the same insurance as the rest of us.

#40 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

There is a difference between awesome and necessary.

Glad to see you'd be fine with being compensated less.

You should volunteer to reduce your commissions to help pad your bosses pockets

I actually did take a pay cut this year large one in fact. Was not fine with it at all, however I can either stay, or leave, but I will make more here than I would by leaving, and I enjoy working for the company.

Like I said, most will not walk out if they switch over to the government run program, nor will they get a pay raise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.