Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KendrickPanther

Thoughts on the 2012 Draft Class

43 posts in this topic

Luke Kuechly- A+

Amini Silatolu- C+

Frank Alexander- B

Joe Adams- D (I don't want to give up to fast on him.. (See Trenton Holiday))

Josh Norman- C+ to B- he played great for what he was (5th round rookie coming form a Division II school) if the coaches would've played to his strengths he would've been even better

Brad Nortman- C Improved by the end of the season but I still haven't forgot about that 6 yard punt against Chicago -_-

DJ Campbell- B The kid balled out when I thought he shouldn't have even made the team.. Will be keeping an ear out for him in the offseason

sorry but I have an off-topic question--

@Chuck: Just out of curiosity, are you of a far eastern ethnicity?

He's Hmong.

1 person likes this

sorry but I have an off-topic question--

@Chuck: Just out of curiosity, are you of a far eastern ethnicity?

what? why?

just of of curiosity also, are you of a eastern/southern ethnicity?

what? why?

just of of curiosity also, are you of a eastern/southern ethnicity?

"far east" as in asian. I'm asking because when I read your posts, its as if they are in broken English via keyboard and your name is chuck...Carolina-Charlie

I'm part Croatian, German, and Luxembourgian btw

--draft

forgot Norman:

He looked good at times but did seem to be a little inconsistent. I'd give him a C+ considering he's from a DII and was a 5th rounder.

"far east" as in asian. I'm asking because when I read your posts, its as if they are in broken English via keyboard and your name is chuck...Carolina-Charlie

I'm part Croatian, German, and Luxembourgian btw

--draft

forgot Norman:

He looked good at times but did seem to be a little inconsistent. I'd give him a C+ considering he's from a DII and was a 5th rounder.

yea man, I told Floppin Im Hmong. I was born in Cali but am Asian.

You're European then, I thought you were African American

You have members with good input and then you have people that say dumb chit like that. LaFell hasn't been sorry imo and he is one of the best drafted wr with david gettis that we had since smitty. I hate to bring this up but he put up numbers similar to Dez Bryant in his rookie season with no solid quarterback while catching most of the passes from Clausen.

Ron wasn't high on him and brought in Legs then LaFell won over the starting job and he won of the starting job over Murphy. I don't know what some of you guys are talking sometimes.

That.

it all makes sense now

Joe was easily our best punt returner, discounting the fumbles. He didn't break any long ones (too few chances, imo) but he was all but guaranteed to get at least 10-15 yards which is a helluva lot better than "fall down as soon as you get the ball Edwards". Obviously the fumbles are a big problem but that's one of the easiest to correct problems in football. And on the few plays he got in on offense he did well. I have full confidence he'll turn into a solid contributor to the team if in no other way at least as a PR.

Joe was easily our best punt returner, discounting the fumbles. He didn't break any long ones (too few chances, imo) but he was all but guaranteed to get at least 10-15 yards which is a helluva lot better than "fall down as soon as you get the ball Edwards". Obviously the fumbles are a big problem but that's one of the easiest to correct problems in football. And on the few plays he got in on offense he did well. I have full confidence he'll turn into a solid contributor to the team if in no other way at least as a PR.

I agree with you once more. I am one of the few who strongly still believes in Joe. Fumbling is an issue that can be easily fix. People want to blame Adams that he's a fumbler, I blame the coaches (Rivera and Murphy). You cant teach talent and gift. You can def teach ball security.

I agree with you once more. I am one of the few who strongly still believes in Joe. Fumbling is an issue that can be easily fix. People want to blame Adams that he's a fumbler, I blame the coaches (Rivera and Murphy). You cant teach talent and gift. You can def teach ball security.

Gotta disagree.

Punt returning is more instinctual than coached. And if part of your instinctual punt-returning game is carrying the ball out and loose (as it is with Adams), changing and "coaching" how he carries the ball is going to ultimately change the way he returns the punts. And if you do that, you've just defeated the purpose of drafting Joe Adams.

Our draft Haul in my mind was 2 Stars (Kuechly, Olsen), 1 Potential Pro Bowler (Silatolu) needs time, 3 Potential starters or quality backups (Norman, Alexander, Cambell), 1 guy with potential that needs to do more with his chances (Adams), and a bust (Nortman)

1 person likes this