Photo
- - - - -

Mock Draft (A Different Route Beyond the 1st)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm going to be intentionally different to see what y'all think about some guys that may not necessarily seem in our target range for the time being.

If a team wants a player where we stand in the second, maybe try a trade down to gain an extra late rounder. Pats-Broncos & the Vikes-Ravens both did this last season in the 2nd. You just never know come draft day who really wants who.

-1-

Chance Warmack OG Alabama

I know people are saying he's rising up draft boards but just looking at past drafts and even after DeCastro's hype, many teams just don't take guards early. We're still in good position to take the guy. If he's not here, I want to know people's opinions on Lane Johnson of Oklahoma OT if you don't mind.

(Trade down & get an extra 4th) -2-

Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia

Consistent and big wideout to take if we are sitting there later in the second round. We've now got a wideout.

-4-1-

Leon McFadden CB SD State

Good article: http://sandiegosport...-nfl-draft-bio/

Could be a good pick if he's not gone by this point. Very good player it seems and if Gamble is gone as many are suspecting, this could be smart.

-4-2-

Brian Winters OT Kent State

I do think we can manage to restructure Gross but still need to groom someone behind him. This kid could be a very solid option. He is apparently a strong all around type guy with a lot of versatility. His big game is against the run. Could be a wise route if no OT early and solid for depth.

-5-

Kerwynn Williams RB Utah State

If one of our RBs is gone for cap or whatever reason, it's never a bad thing to take a late round risk on a RB, especially given how some just seem to pop out of nowhere recently. This kid is explosive and a kick returner, something we still freaking need.

-6-

Bradley McDougald FS Kansas

Did a little searching about this fella. Got an invite to the combine, returns punts, was 2nd in tackles for Kansas w/ 3 ints, and this little tidbit: "Kansas coach Charlie Weis said the senior was as good as anyone on the Kansas squad."

-6- (comp)

William Campbell DT Michigan

If we re-sign Dwan Edwards, I think we generate enough pressure for the time being that we can wait a little especially if we are focusing on the OL and a WR.

So with this, we cover pretty much most of our holes but if they feel a cheaper FA would be more beneficial for the time being for any of these guys, they can be a back up and learn. I think regardless of our direction, there's gonna be a few 1-year patches yet again for 1 or 2 positions on the team. In this scenario, it would be at DT and possibly FS. But our defense played well towards the year's end so I have hope in our secondary and line as is.

So our WRs:

Smitty
LaFell
Bailey
Murphy
Bryant

OL:

Gross(restructure)-Silatulu-Kalil-Warmack-Bell (Depth: Winters & Campbell at the least)

CB:

Josh Thomas, Leon McFadden, Josh Norman, Cap'n

DL:

Hardy-Dwan-FA-CJ (Alexander, Kearse, Campbell, Chandler, Addison, Keiser) *someone's gonna step up you'd think. I mean, I really think our defense can only get better even if we lose a LB and Gamble.

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

How is this different whatsoever?

#3 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

thanks for the insight

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

In my opinion, Gamble is gone, so adding a CB in the draft is crucial. Surely wish we had a third.

#5 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

good draft

I agree w/ Stirs about the CB thing

That trade down thing is a crap shoot btw. Could happen but not likely and I don't like taking a RB even though its the 5th round.

#6 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I would be ok with this. I think Winters is a good late pickup.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

OH LORD with the Bailey pick in the 2nd.
But I like the McFadden pick.

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Isn't Bailey like 5'11? He's far from big and I think there will be much better options than him in the 2nd. Id rather have one of these guys, and at least one should be available when we pick in the 2nd even after a trade down: Hunter, Patterson, Hopkins, Rogers, Woods, Williams, Austin, Patton. That's my only real criticism.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Isn't Bailey like 5'11? He's far from big and I think there will be much better options than him in the 2nd. Id rather have one of these guys, and at least one should be available when we pick in the 2nd even after a trade down: Hunter, Patterson, Hopkins, Rogers, Woods, Williams, Austin, Patton. That's my only real criticism.

I agree!

#10 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Think we could get a better receiver in the second. And I think lane Johnson is a really good tackle, had a great game against damontre moore of texas A&M.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

We need in order

OT/OG
DT
CB
WR

#12 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

thanks for the feedback

I agree with bigbeast52 that Lane could definitely be our 1st rounder. He worked Demontre Moore this season when they played A&M. Blanked him from the game actually. He maybe less trusted because of his experience, but definitely has the ability and consistency to warrant the 14th pick.

Also, I realize that Bailey is around 5'11 and meant to say he's a big playmaker. Little mistake. The guy is mad talented after the catch and I think warrants strong 2nd round consideration as much as that Patton fellow. I think he has that in-game break away ability that separates him from some of the other receivers. I'm no WVU guy haha but became a fan of him this season.

That was my "different" route...trading down so we could still scoop someone like Bailey, Patton, or Hamilton. I think they could be good for us.

#13 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

thanks for the insight

I didn't critique you? This was your response instead explaining yourself when I asked a question.

This is why we should ban all the teenage huddlers.

#14 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I didn't critique you? This was your response instead explaining yourself when I asked a question.

This is why we should ban all the teenage huddlers.

how's does my response to a condescending dickhead remark correlate to me being a kid? come again?

#15 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

how's does my response to a condescending dickhead remark correlate to me being a kid? come again?

Maybe it's your poor grammar or lack of a legitimate explanation to a question?

Are you gonna explain yourself or keep talking poo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com