61 replies to this topic

#31 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I was thinking we'd get a WR or Safety in the third, and perhaps a CB in the 4th.

Like I said before, I don't know if we could pass up on Tyrann Mathieu if he is there in the 4th. Personally, if Bacarri Rambo is available in the third, I think it would be hard to pass him up. But, what do I know?

We don't have a 3rd.

#32 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'd love Hankins with our top pick. The guy commands double teams, and is nimble as a ballerina. He can play 0-5 tech. Now thats versatile.

#33 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

All aboard the Hankins train...there's plenty of room :)

#34 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

If Jesse Williams has a very strong combine I'd be happy with him in the 1st too.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,657 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

My point with Kris Jenkins is.... That he wasn't a first round pick.

It'll be easier to address the lines in free agency...so I don't expect our first two picks to both be.linemen unless our new gm is happy with.our current receiving core.

#36 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I still want a stud OT to block and protect the Franchise early, very early.

I'd liked that idea early until the numbers thinned when the underclassmen went back to school. We might not be in position now to get a OT. Now I don't want a guy that would have been drafted later if the other guys had stayed in the draft. To be protecting Cam.

#37 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Am I the only one thinking we are not a draft for need team at the moment? It is not like we are one or two players away from the super bowl.

We are set at rb qb de and lb, other than that I think we should just take the top talent available. We might make the play offs next year but I do not we have enough for a deep run until 2014.

#38 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Am I the only one thinking we are not a draft for need team at the moment? It is not like we are one or two players away from the super bowl.

We are set at rb qb de and lb, other than that I think we should just take the top talent available. We might make the play offs next year but I do not we have enough for a deep run until 2014.

You're right in that you don't reach for a need if it can be helped, but positional value plays a large part in it too. Since we're set at QB and DE, the next two high value positions are OT and DT.

We could use either (though arguably we need a DT more than OT, OT is also higher value so it evens out in my opinion) so as long as there's not a player available at a position of lesser value that is obviously head and shoulders above the players at higher value (Warmack is the only player I see that fits that description) we should be picking BPA among Tackles on either side of the line.

Assuming Star, Joeckel and Fisher are all gone when we pick, I'm thinking the BPA will be a DT: Hankins, J. Williams or Richardson. The #3+ OTs don't come close to those 3 DTs in my opinion.

The only decisions to be made, in my opinion, are whether we go with Warmack if he's available or if not which of the 3 DTs. Since we obviously need a run stuffer more than a UT, the question becomes do they think Richardson is better enough than the other two to tip the scale away from the need for a run stuffer. In my opinion Richardson ISN'T that much (if any) better than Hankins or Williams and we should be picking between those two. But I wouldn't be upset if they disagree and think Richardson can be the next JJ Watt or whatever other great UT you can think of (since I'm guessing in a 4-3 Watt would be an UT).

#39 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

DT is a need but you should not reach for one.

14th is perfect for a DT. There isn't any reaching anymore, unless you're q QB needy team with the #1 pick and QBs suck in this years draft. The rookie pay scale softened the blow. We are in a perfect range to get a great DT, OT, DB, WR.

#40 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

dwan can stay but ron is about to be in a retirement home

we need a young stud DT

#41 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Lets be honest, we have a lot of glaring holes on this team.

We desperately need to upgrade the WR, DT, OT, OG, CB, and both Safety positions.

This won't get fixed in one off season, we pick the BAP at those positions instead of focusing in on one or 2 positions.

Obviously we need to make it a higher priority and I have faith that the Godfather will make he right decisions moving forward...

#42 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

I wouldn't say we desperately need to upgrade WR, OT (if Gross stays) or CB. Even if Gamble leaves we're not desperate at CB. The only "desperate" upgrades I see us needing is DT, S and maybe OG. CB could use some depth and maybe someone to push Thomas, Norman, Capt and Dockery if Gamble leaves. OT and WR will need successors eventually, better sooner than later, but they're not critical "must haves" this offseason.

#43 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

And of those three legitimate holes, I can mock us our first three picks and fill them right now:

1. Hankins or J Williams
2. Barrett Jones, Cooper, or Larry Warford
4. Rambo (or Eric Reid and let Godfrey stay at FS where I like him best anyway)

Bam. No holes. Just future replacements needed for Gross and Smitty and depth at CB and OL

#44 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

And of those three legitimate holes, I can mock us our first three picks and fill them right now:

1. Hankins or J Williams
2. Barrett Jones, Cooper, or Larry Warford
4. Rambo (or Eric Reid and let Godfrey stay at FS where I like him best anyway)

Bam. No holes. Just future replacements needed for Gross and Smitty and depth at CB and OL

I like your mock. I would be satisfied with those picks although. I just really want a stud OG . I think it will hide our tackle deficiency by addition of a better run game.

#45 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

14th is perfect for a DT. There isn't any reaching anymore, unless you're q QB needy team with the #1 pick and QBs suck in this years draft. The rookie pay scale softened the blow. We are in a perfect range to get a great DT, OT, DB, WR.

i agree we are in perfect range for a good talent at DT, OT, WR, DB,but you should not reach for any position but QB. if no DT is there at 14 worth the pick, get a WR,OL, or DB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com