Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horton out, Bowles in as Cardinals DC

16 posts in this topic

Posted

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/17/ray-horton-angry-after-cardinals-hire-bruce-arians/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/17/report-horton-out-bowles-in-as-cardinals-defensive-coordinator/

Ray Horton pissed he was passed over for the Arizona HC gig and Arizona replaced him with one of the guys that ruined Philly's D. Lmao. If our D didn't look pretty good the second half of last season I'd be clamoring for Horton here.

Posted

Wow. That's a shock.

Posted

I wonder how mad you have to get to talk yourself out of a NFL coaching position like that?

Posted

Arians was already a somewhat poor hire, and losing Horton's a disaster. To complete the set, Bowles is a disaster. Good luck, Cards!

Posted

I still think McDermott should be fired personally. With the DCs out there now we could def upgrade

Posted

God, I wish we could grab Horton.

Posted

WOW!!! I'm guessing Horton will try to go to a college to get some HC experience? Someone has to be calling for him to be a DC though (Imagine if Chud got him O.o)

Posted

I still think McDermott should be fired personally. With the DCs out there now we could def upgrade

Horton ran a 3-4 in Arizona.

There's nobody out there right now who I'd see as such a significant upgrade it'd be worth firing a DC who's doing a good job and who's well liked by his players.

Posted

With the Arizona job official filled and Jay Gruden staying as OC in Cincy I expect we'll hear tomorrow that Hue Jackson is our next OC.

Or at least I hope.

Posted

Why would you want to upgrade from a guy with a top 12 defense to a guy running the worst defense in the NFL? while switching the scheme?

Posted

Yea Im really shocked also.

Don't Horton and Arians have connections back in Pittsburgh? I would think that Arians would have kept Horton alone for that reason.

Even though Cardinals' Defense was awful, Horton is one of the better DC in this league. I just dont know if I'd take Bowles over Horton though he have done a pretty good job in the past with Miami.

I would love to have Horton here over Sean, but if any coach on this team earned a chance to come back it was Sean.

Posted

LaCanfora thinks Horton will be Chudzinski's DC in Cleveland.