• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Although he may be good I'm always weary of people who seem to rise up so fast. It will be interesting to see who falls in love with him and drafts him too high

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Although he may be good I'm always weary of people who seem to rise up so fast. It will be interesting to see who falls in love with him and drafts him too high

Yea, I'm thinking why hes quickly rising that fast is due to the weak safety class. There's literally no true no.1 safety in this class.

#18 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Yea, I'm thinking why hes quickly rising that fast is due to the weak safety class. There's literally no true no.1 safety in this class.

I agree Eric Reid was just number 1 a couple weeks ago and now he's a third rounder

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I agree Eric Reid was just number 1 a couple weeks ago and now he's a third rounder

God Damn! I mean I know we shouldnt base a lot of these projection off the sources, but if Reid ever somehow fall that far into the 3rd it would be dumb for us not to trade up for him.

#20 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

God Damn! I mean I know we shouldnt base a lot of these projection off the sources, but if Reid ever somehow fall that far into the 3rd it would be dumb for us not to trade up for him.

I agree but I can see why he didn't have a very good bowl game at all. And although a lot I people don't like him I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd just for value purposes.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I agree but I can see why he didn't have a very good bowl game at all. And although a lot I people don't like him I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd just for value purposes.

I listen little to people's opinion and they should to mine's also. I still love Reid and think he'll be a fantastic safety in the next level. He was my favorite player going into last season CCF. I would love to have him in the "2nd" if he was there. But I'd cross my fingers a little more that we go after Kenny Phillips and address the DL/OL in the first two rds.

#22 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I listen little to people's opinion and they should to mine's also. I still love Reid and think he'll be a fantastic safety in the next level. He was my favorite player going into last season CCF. I would love to have him in the "2nd" if he was there. But I'd cross my fingers a little more that we go after Kenny Phillips and address the DL/OL in the first two rds.

Yeah I liked Reid and hope he falls to us but any safety could be a step up from nakamura so I guess it will just depend on what we do in FA. I'd love to trade back for a 2nd and get OL DL and FS with our first 3 picks to me that would be ideal.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yeah I liked Reid and hope he falls to us but any safety could be a step up from nakamura so I guess it will just depend on what we do in FA. I'd love to trade back for a 2nd and get OL DL and FS with our first 3 picks to me that would be ideal.

I agree! Trading back into the 2nd is something I want to see. Im not one who oppose to investing future. If we can add talents I'm all for it.

For me though, Id like to go DL/OL/WR in the first two rounds and add a safety like Phillips through FA.

Scenario1: Warmack, Floyd, Rogers + Phillips
or
Scenario2: Jesse, Fluker/Dallas, Rogers + Phillips
(Fluker/Dallas can play RG)

#24 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I agree! Trading back into the 2nd is something I want to see. Im not one who oppose to investing future. If we can add talents I'm all for it.

For me though, Id like to go DL/OL/WR in the first two rounds and add a safety like Phillips through FA.

Scenario1: Warmack, Floyd, Rogers + Phillips
or
Scenario2: Jesse, Fluker/Dallas, Rogers + Phillips
(Fluker/Dallas can play RG)

How do you feel about Fisher/fluker/ jenkins in the 1st and second or fisher/fluker/ hunter and then kwame Geathers in the 5th and a safety like Motta in the 4th.

#25 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

The one thing i have noticed about the panthers when they draft in the top 15 is that they always go with the best player of the position they draft. They dont really fall in love with a particular guy but the guys that are graded the clear best at their positions , so i wouldnt be surprised if we took Vaccaro. Having a dynamic safety can change a whole secondary and Texas has been on a roll of producing some top talent.

#26 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

The one thing i have noticed about the panthers when they draft in the top 15 is that they always go with the best player of the position they draft. They dont really fall in love with a particular guy but the guys that are graded the clear best at their positions , so i wouldnt be surprised if we took Vaccaro. Having a dynamic safety can change a whole secondary and Texas has been on a roll of producing some top talent.

Wow. Just no dude, no.

We would take BPA, not reach for players. Not to mention we have a totally new guy in charge.

Just...no lol...

#27 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Wow. Just no dude, no.

We would take BPA, not reach for players. Not to mention we have a totally new guy in charge.

Just...no lol...

Thats not what i meant, i mean if the positions they are looking at the most have the best players available at those positions they would consider those players. So if the number one rated OT is gone and the number 1 safety is available i could see them going with the safety instead of goin with the number 2 rated OT thats still available. They would be getting the best player at that position they draft and it still fills a need.

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Very true. Vaccaro could be a BPA at 14. We have a huge need at FS and if Warmack and a DT we like are gone by 14, we could take a hard look at Vaccaro. He's another Texas guy that a lot of team are going to trust being able to make a transition into the NFL. I'm not saying he's Earl Thomas, but the last safety that came out high outta Texas was Thomas. If Vaccaro could be anything close to Thomas, we'd got a steal!

#29 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I really like Vaccaro as a prospect and wouldn't be mad if we selected him in the 1st. He has a lot of playmaking ability and doesn't miss many tackles. Reminds me a bit of another former Texas safety, Earl Thomas.

Like DaCityKats said though, he does overpursue at times and gets caught out of position. With that said, I think he is the best safety prospect in the draft followed by Matt Elam.

#30 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thats not what i meant, i mean if the positions they are looking at the most have the best players available at those positions they would consider those players. So if the number one rated OT is gone and the number 1 safety is available i could see them going with the safety instead of goin with the number 2 rated OT thats still available. They would be getting the best player at that position they draft and it still fills a need.

No. No. And no.

When has this ever happened with us?? I'm sorry but you just do not understand how the draft works.

I will literally pay pal you money if Vaccaro even sniffs the top 15.

And holy god you guys make assumptions way too damn early. IT IS JANUARY!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com