Photo
- - - - -

If a sure-fire WR1 is not available after our first 2 picks, should we wait? Presuming we go Line with 1 and 2

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

That's not the case here. Though Cam brought back an old Smitty who many thought was finished, he's not Brady or Brees.

Cam isn't going to make Lafell, Murphy or Gettis better. We have to give better receivers for Cam in order for him and this offense to be better.

We threw the ball more than we ran it and Lafell or Murphy wasn't able to do much. What makes you think they'll be more successful if we go to a more balance offense. It's not completely the OC fault. Sometimes you just gotta realize Lafell isn't that no.2 WR.

Cam isn't goin to win SB with no name receivers. Lets just get that outta the way

Yeah the oline should share some blame to but our Wr's weren't the problem. We were top 5 in least drop category. And if we ran the ball more and played in more a traditional offense from the start maybe their numbers would be better.

Brandon still had solid numbers when you considered he missed 2 games and the lead wr only had 73 rec and the same amount of TD.

#62 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

He's a rookie who is very raw. The Jets were badd at QB and eveywhere else. I blame Sanchez, but if you remember Hill started the first week of the season with 2tds.

Hill will be legit given a better QB production. I see Hill being just as good as D. Thomas of Denver if giving a real QB.

You can't tell me Hill is a bust already. I would've been happy if we had Hill over Amini.

Cho cho cho!!! All aboard the excuse train!

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

cho cho cho?

thought it was choo choo choo.

#64 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Cho cho cho!!! All aboard the excuse train!

You knoe I'm right

#65 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,345 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

cho cho cho?

Yeah, right? I didn't wanna say it, but, at first, I was like "WTF is he saying...WTF does that mean?"

#66 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

cho cho cho?

You make your train noise how you make it and I'll make mine.

#67 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

You knoe I'm right

I know you went crazy for drafting a player in the 1st round. That couldn't run pass routes and had horrible hands. Yes I do know that.

#68 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

You knoe I'm right

I think that you are right in that the story has not been written on Hill, much like to a lesser extent that it hasn't been written on Blackmon. Two receivers with crappy QB play that obviously affected their bottom line. Hill's problem---which may be a very big problem---is that he reportedly has the dropsies.

But rather Hill or Amini turns out to be a better value is still in question.

#69 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think that you are right in that the story has not been written on Hill, much like to a lesser extent that it hasn't been written on Blackmon. Two receivers with crappy QB play that obviously affected their bottom line. Hill's problem---which may be a very big problem---is that he reportedly has the dropsies.

How about the fact he didn't know how to run all the routes you need to be a wr. He is no better the Lamont Bryant.

#70 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Stephen Hill over Amini LOL...

I bet you'd take Kim Kardashian over Natalie Portman too huh.

#71 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Yea. I didn't mean that Hill is going to be a better player than Amini. I meant I would've been happy with either one.

And for Hill, his ceiling is still very high. His first game he grabbed two tds. Poor QB play brought his production down a lot but still you can't expect a raw WR like Hill to put up bigger number. He's shown he can play receiver in this league with the limited action he had.

#72 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I know you went crazy for drafting a player in the 1st round. That couldn't run pass routes and had horrible hands. Yes I do know that.

I know that you were calling Lafell elite also. How hes going to become that true no.2 receiver. And no one believed me that he always find way to disappear in games. Always brought up how he scored that 91yd td vs the Bucs. Cho cho cho

#73 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

The falcons did that because they have a Qb who needs that to be successful. Great Qb like I think we have makes his weapons better.

Brady won superbowls with no name wr. Brees makes his wr better. Rodgers makes his wr better.

Our Wr weren't the problem this year our OC was.

as much as i hate to say this but that other weapon has help them get over the hump and thats part of why they are playing on sunday. deion branch, troy brown and david givens were all decent WRs at one point. ARod has 3 2nd round WRs to throw to on top of being a good QB.WRs where part of the problem with drops, and not getting open, or slips on routes.

#74 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Stephen Hill over Amini LOL...

I bet you'd take Kim Kardashian over Natalie Portman too huh.

Hell yea would. What kind of man want a Kardashian. Only kids like Kanye and you would wanna grab trash like kim

#75 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I know that you were calling Lafell elite also. How hes going to become that true no.2 receiver. And no one believed me that he always find way to disappear in games. Always brought up how he scored that 91yd td vs the Bucs. Cho cho cho

Yeah, I remember KKL talking up Lafell last year.

I got a question, KKL: Do You Still Think That LaFell Is Dat Deal Now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com