• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,277 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Just had lunch with my friend is who is a defense attorney in town. used to work in the DA's office and had just returned from speaking to a client who had shot someone non fatally.

Anywho...we were talking about the statistics and how there were 55 murders in Charlotte in 2012 down from 83 in 2008. He interjected that a large % of those were gang related or drug deals gone bad. and if you add in crimes of passion that number totaling 55 shrunk even further. I told him I was trying to figure out breakin to murders.

He mentioned that someone breaking into your home to rob you and actually kills you is a minute number. Says gun owners turn it into a deadly situiation when they brandish their weapon to save a 32'' Vizio.

If out of the 6.300 residential burglaries in CLT all 55 murders happened you would still have a .008 chance of being murder by an intruder.

He owns a gun btw.

#47 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,090 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Here's some things I've noticed are not being mentioned or considered:

- this might have nothing to do with the map
- if it does, I was led to believe that the people not on the map should be the ones scared that they might get taken advantage of
- I thought I had a third point but I forgot it once I got to this bullet. Gdamnit Obama.

#48 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Third point: It's all publicly available information anyway.

#49 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Reveals what's really there.

LOL! believe me I grew up in fayetteville, n.c. and the life expectancy for a racist in cumberland county is about the same as a hummingbird!!!

#50 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

then there's this.

A prosecutor in Lapeer, Michigan says, “No harm, no foul,” after a charter school took the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) advice and hired a armed security guard who promptly left his handgun unattended in a student bathroom.
Chatfield School co-directors Matt Young and Bill Kraly announced last week that they had hired retired Lapeer County Sheriff’s Dept. firearms instructor Clark Arnold as a security guard in response to the December mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

http://www.rawstory....udent-bathroom/

#51 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,090 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

jesus

#52 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,277 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Responsible gun owner....

WEEEZ NEED TWO GUNZ IN EVERYSCHOOL JUST FOR THIS REAZON

#53 vanilla B

vanilla B

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Since when is the right to bear arms only about defending oneself from intruders? The 2nd amendment was established to prevent a tyrannical government from taking hold. It also prevents any law from being passed that infringes upon the citizens' right to keep and bear arms in any way whatsoever. If you don't like guns, you have the freedom to make the choice not to own one or enter someone's house that owns one or be friends with a gun owner. That is your right as an American citizen to have the freedom of choice.

#54 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

how do you intend to "prevent a tyrannical government from taking hold" with guns? idk if you're aware of the capabilities of the US military but uh...you're gonna have to bring more than that

also jw was everyone really guaranteed a right to guns by the 2nd amendment because i'm p sure that wasn't actually the case since the "founding fathers" also thought that the vast majority of people shouldn't even be allowed to vote

e: they also thought that some people aren't actually people

#55 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,090 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

you probably realize this cantrell but these drive-by patriot posts are pretty common as of late and there's no point in expecting a direct response

#56 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

also jw was everyone really guaranteed a right to guns by the 2nd amendment because i'm p sure that wasn't actually the case since the "founding fathers" also thought that the vast majority of people shouldn't even be allowed to vote

At the time of the first Presidential election in 1789, only 6 percent of the population–white, male property owners–was eligible to vote. http://www.archives....freedom_13.html
There may be a reason for the very low percentage of voters. The quote from Alexander Hamilton below sums up how many of the wealthy felt about the majority of the people.

"All communities divide themselves into the few and the many. The first are the rich and the well-born; the other the mass of the people ... turbulent and changing, they seldom judge or determine right. Give therefore to the first class [the wealthy] a distinct, permanent share in the Government ... Nothing but a permanent body can check the imprudence [lack of wisdom] of democracy." http://mrkash.com/vote.html

Seriously doubt our Founding Fathers intended our "imprudent" masses, "turbulent and changing", "seldom judge or determine right" unfettered access to firearms. Hmmm, doesn't sound like our Founding Fathers had much faith in the unwashed masses after all. It appears that there might be more meaning to "a well regulated militia" than we have been led to believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.