Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are we going to play during this multi-million dollar upgrade?

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

yeah we gotta play games at SC for that time just seems right. Maybe have camp in NC switch it up lol

Posted · Report post

The Rose Bowl by my house is under renovations and made it through the college football season just fine. Renovations are still in progress on the 100 year old stadium. I think BOA will be fine.

Posted · Report post

dont think its going to take that long to convert every concession stand in BOA to Bojangles.

Posted · Report post

Maybe UNCC's new stadium?

LOL isn't the capacity there like 40,000?

We don't want to make the Buccs feel good about themselves.

Posted · Report post

They have talked about taking some seats out. I don't think there's any chance they create more.

I hadn't heard that talk. If they're serious about wanting to host a Super Bowl I don't think they can afford to remove seats. I could just be talking out of my ass though...I dunno

Posted · Report post

Well we better be getting too work than.

Than what?

Posted · Report post

If reports are to be believed, and the 125 is what Charlotte puts forth and JR matches it (hopefully) we are talking about a 250 mill upgrade.

Chicago did a big upgrade a few years back and they played at the University of Illinois' Memorial Stadium for an entire year.

Where do the Panthers play while these huge upgrades unfold?

You cannot do 125 to 250 mill in upgrades between a January start date and September of the same year.

Green Bay has done and is doing it right now. They are adding an upper deck in one end of the stadium as we speak. You could see the under construction area during the playoff games.

Posted · Report post

These aren't major structural upgrades. We'll be playing in BoA stadium next season.

In fact, I'll bet whoever a 12 pack of whatever that we are there opening day next season.

Posted · Report post

Coming from a State fan, this would honestly be the best option if they did have to play somewhere else. Clemson and USC both have NFL worthy stadiums, but from a business standpoint, the Triangle offers the biggest upside for the team.

Population alone makes it a no brainer. But, the eastern part of NC has never really embraced the Panthers. A year playing in the Triangle could definitely change that. Considering the exploding young professional demographic in and around Raleigh, we might finally be able to snuff out the last bastions of Deadskins fans in this state.

i'd be up for the panthers in kenan stadium for a year

i'd love to roll out of bed and be at an NFL game in ten minutes

Posted · Report post

how is the unions' grasp on construction in NC?

because if it's half as suffocating as it is in NJ this poo's never getting done lol

nc = right to work

so about zero

Posted · Report post

how is the unions' grasp on construction in NC?

because if it's half as suffocating as it is in NJ this poo's never getting done lol

Unless they hire an out of state unionized contractor....probably next to none.

Posted · Report post

The Falcons and the Georgia World Congress Center pushed through $300 million in upgrades to the Dome over two offseasons.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments