#46 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

You would think this is a no brainer but CLEARLY stranger things have happened.

After all, Ron Rivera is still the head coach... wtf....

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

A Guess

Thought you might have seen Hue Jackson at the airport :lol:

#48 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

smokescreen

#49 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,670 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Now the HC gigs are all filled up, the OC/DC slots should start falling over like dominoes. If we don't have an OC by the middle of next week I'd be surprised.

#50 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Now the HC gigs are all filled up, the OC/DC slots should start falling over like dominoes. If we don't have an OC by the middle of next week I'd be surprised.

Don't understand why it wouldn't be today. One option is in-house, Shurmer seemingly has no other options (at least as an OC), and Hue doesn't have a shot at the Cincy OC job now that Jay Gruden is certain to return. If we know who we want, it should be easy as offering the position and seeing if they accept.

In fact, I think only Hue would sit on an offer if he got one and determine whether he wanted to be in Carolina or wait out another year and see if Jay leaves after next season. So if we don't find out today, I can only think that Hue is who we want, but we're waiting on an answer.

#51 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Don't understand why it wouldn't be today. One option is in-house, Shurmer seemingly has no other options (at least as an OC), and Hue doesn't have a shot at the Cincy OC job now that Jay Gruden is certain to return. If we know who we want, it should be easy as offering the position and seeing if they accept.

In fact, I think only Hue would sit on an offer if he got one and determine whether he wanted to be in Carolina or wait out another year and see if Jay leaves after next season. So if we don't find out today, I can only think that Hue is who we want, but we're waiting on an answer.

He could still interview for the job regardless of if he came here or not. The logic of staying another year to see if Jay leaves, isn't very logical....

#52 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

He could still interview for the job regardless of if he came here or not. The logic of staying another year to see if Jay leaves, isn't very logical....

Not sure I get what you're saying? Are you saying if Hue came to Carolina and then Jay left after next season, he could still interview for the Cincy OC job (assuming we have a good season and he's retained)? I'm not sure that's true both logically and how the rules are written.

I don't think Hue could interview for a lateral move unless the team granted him that interview. Logically, I think there are a few holes. One, if Hue does well in Carolina, I don't think he'd be clamoring to go back to Cincy after just one year. Two, I would think if Hue stayed in Cincy, they'd be much more comfortable promoting him to be OC if Jay leaves, whereas if he left for a year and wasn't around the team, they'd be more apt to hire from within or look to someone other than the guy that left them a year ago.

#53 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

the only thing with hue is that i think he would be yet another guy on the hot list for HC jobs after a year with cam.

#54 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

the only thing with hue is that i think he would be yet another guy on the hot list for HC jobs after a year with cam.

Honestly? That's a good thing. It means Cam played well, and generally, when Cam plays well the Panthers win. I'll take that 10 times out of 10.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Honestly? That's a good thing. It means Cam played well, and generally, when Cam plays well the Panthers win. I'll take that 10 times out of 10.

that's not particualarly good for development, tho.

#56 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Not sure I get what you're saying? Are you saying if Hue came to Carolina and then Jay left after next season, he could still interview for the Cincy OC job (assuming we have a good season and he's retained)? I'm not sure that's true both logically and how the rules are written.

I don't think Hue could interview for a lateral move unless the team granted him that interview. Logically, I think there are a few holes. One, if Hue does well in Carolina, I don't think he'd be clamoring to go back to Cincy after just one year. Two, I would think if Hue stayed in Cincy, they'd be much more comfortable promoting him to be OC if Jay leaves, whereas if he left for a year and wasn't around the team, they'd be more apt to hire from within or look to someone other than the guy that left them a year ago.

I misread all that. I'm still not awake this morning. I don't know why I had in my head that Jay would be vacating the HC position.....excuse my retardedness.

#57 48ochoshogun

48ochoshogun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I hope so...

#58 48ochoshogun

48ochoshogun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I hope so...

#59 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

No JR has his thumb up his ass and won't call Jackson until he has already signed the dotted line with another team.

#60 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

No JR has his thumb up his ass and won't call Jackson until he has already signed the dotted line with another team.

JR isn't the one that will be calling him to offer a job. Nice misplaced anger though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com