I love the Braves, will miss seeing Chipper :-(

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I've lived in AL for 2 years and had family here my whole life, and I've never heard the word "Braves" mentioned a single time. Nobody cares about baseball.

#18 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Pulling for the Braves is no better than pulling for the Falcons. Both should be punishable offenses.

#19 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I hate the fuging braves.

#20 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

New Mexico (NFL/Cowboys)
Aaagggh somebody save me :thumbsd:

#21 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Can't root for any ATL teams

#22 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Sample size of 40,000 Americans from 50 states. There is more than 40,000 people in Gastonia.

That's pretty big for a poll like this

#23 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

<<Product of the geniusness of Teddy T's TBS Superstation in the 80s. Baseball will forever be my first love.

#24 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

My blood boils to the heat of ten thousand suns when I read that. As much as football is king and baseball has zero TV draw, baseball is still a huge gate draw because it is the most family friendly professional sport to watch in person. With nearly 15 million people in two states which comprise the most family friendly region in the country, it disgust me that this state has not been more aggressive in luring a major league baseball team. And it really, really, REALLY pisses me off that many cheer for that cesspool 4 hours away 6-7 months of the year as a result.

#25 pantherholic

pantherholic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I can't pull up cbssports website at work, so I don't know if it's the same poll. However, if it's the same one I saw a few years ago, they actually asked those polled who their favorite team is in each sport and then they list the team with the highest total as that states favorite team, regardless of sport. In that poll the Panthers were by a wide margin the favorite NFL team of those in NC, but you still have the prideless Steelers, Cowboys, etc fans bringing the percentage down some. However, when asked about baseball, the Braves dominated because there is no local team, the Braves are still popular in the southeast from when they were the only team in the region, and fewer people care about baseball now. Therefore, the Braves percentage for favorite baseball team was higher than the Panthers percentage for favorite NFL team, so the Braves were listed as the states favorite pro sports team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.