• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Right now i still want Warmack, but the closer we get to the draft i see myself switching over to this guy. With Shula as the new OC we are gonna need all the playmakers we can get and CP is raw, but with Prohel as the new WR coach i can easily get behind taking him at 14.

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Right now i still want Warmack, but the closer we get to the draft i see myself switching over to this guy. With Shula as the new OC we are gonna need all the playmakers we can get and CP is raw, but with Prohel as the new WR coach i can easily get behind taking him at 14.

If anything Shula being OC just makes me want a DT even more. Now we're gonna have to rely on a dominant defense more than ever.

#18 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

If anything Shula being OC just makes me want a DT even more. Now we're gonna have to rely on a dominant defense more than ever.

Just so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to begin lol.

#19 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I would not mind taking CP in the first at all. He has all of the potential to be a game changer at WR in the NFL. He made plays this year against some elite SEC defenses that made my jaw drop. Insane cutting ability and speed for his size, pretty sure hands but needs to work on watching the ball all the way into his hands. Route running needs a lot of improvement but he'll be able to learn that with good coaching. He would be an instant impact player at punt/kickoff returns. If we took this guy, we wouldn't regret it for a second....

But, I will admit, I am slightly biased. :D

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

I would not mind taking CP in the first at all. He has all of the potential to be a game changer at WR in the NFL. He made plays this year against some elite SEC defenses that made my jaw drop. Insane cutting ability and speed for his size, pretty sure hands but needs to work on watching the ball all the way into his hands. Route running needs a lot of improvement but he'll be able to learn that with good coaching. He would be an instant impact player at punt/kickoff returns. If we took this guy, we wouldn't regret it for a second....

But, I will admit, I am slightly biased. :D

Panther/Vol Fanatic? What bias?? Heh

I wouldn't be pissed off if we took him, I'd definitely be optimistic but he wouldn't be my first choice. He is still raw as hell and body catches way too much from what I've seen. But his athletic ability is unquestionable.

#21 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,040 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I'm actually thinking Patterson is going to be gone by our pick. Both the Bills and Dolphins badly need a WR. If he does rise up draft boards as I anticipate there's a very good chance he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

#22 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Runs just like Armanti. No route skills. No thanks.

#23 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Runs just like Armanti. No route skills. No thanks.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

CP is NOTHING like Armanti, whatsoever.

Patterson's route running can be worked on, and his lighting fast speed and elusiveness make up for it.

Have you ever even watched either play? That was literally one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen. Armanti is fugging slow, CP is one of the fastest prospects in the draft lol.

"DERP BUT DEY BOFF HAV DREADZ!!"

#24 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I thought him to be more of a 4.4 guy, but I look forward to seeing him next month at the combine. He will make himself some money if he is close to 4.3.

Having said that, our QB on his back will not be able to get him the ball no matter how fast he runs. I am still for the trences early and often.

Gettlemans Giants assembled some pretty good Olines for the running game and to protect the less than nimble Eli Manning. Same on the DLine which had been a terror for some QB's. I hope that we stick with a game plan of big uglies and build from the center out, not the other way.

Patterson might be great, but not with the Panthers, not yet

#25 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I think he might be a little too raw for the fourteenth pick. But i also want Dion Jordan who is raw. I dunno I wouldnt be mad either way as long as we build up that Oline after.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

You think Dion might be the next JPP?

#27 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Did you know his most recent times or his track numbers?

There's a lot more behind being fast than just looking fast in highlight reels lol.

There is?

Can u enlighten us more, Mel?

#28 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

You think Dion might be the next JPP?

Not sure, but the guy is a freak. He needs to put more weight on though.

#29 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,266 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

he is raw because he only played 1 year of major college football.when he becomes a pro, a coach will mold him and keep him on the jugs machine.a coach like Prohel would be great for him somebody who could really teach him about steams and route running.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,521 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I thought him to be more of a 4.4 guy, but I look forward to seeing him next month at the combine. He will make himself some money if he is close to 4.3.

Having said that, our QB on his back will not be able to get him the ball no matter how fast he runs. I am still for the trences early and often.

Gettlemans Giants assembled some pretty good Olines for the running game and to protect the less than nimble Eli Manning. Same on the DLine which had been a terror for some QB's. I hope that we stick with a game plan of big uglies and build from the center out, not the other way.

Patterson might be great, but not with the Panthers, not yet

Yea. I know there's a lot here and there saying he runs 4.29 and stuff, but I'd be surprise if he run that at the combine. I'm thinking he'll hit around the 4.3 mark.

Julio Jones had a great 40 at the combine and he still only ran a 4.39; mighty fast. I don't think Patterson is as fast as CJ (4.24).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.