Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

OK, so if no heir to Smitty is in our draft plans, or in the draft at all,then FA is critical

We were a top 10 defense last season.

We got that way at the end of the season. We also got better with better play calling to on offense.

ummm the only decent guy u got besides smith is olsen. lafell is avg..lol

and the reason why they are top 5 in passes for 20 or more is because of newton....qbs can help out wr a whole bunch....just like brady makes the avg pats wr.....but soon it catches up to you..

cam needs a YOUNG true deep threat. i like patton,patterson and williams for that.

I agree with you, but, like I said, we have to address all the issues. That's my real point. Whether we do it by draft or FA is the question. Everything has to be evaluated, weighed and balanced, planned, and then executed. There is no sure-fire way to say which way is right. You have to adapt and play chess with each specific situation to try and achieve the best outcome.

There is no way we can address all issues in 1 offseason. We don't have any cap space and we don't have a full load of draft picks. We need to fix are biggest problems. That's DT, O-line and secondary.

the dline is not far from being great.....just need a dt....what this defense REALLY lacks is a cover saftey and a shut down corner

We got that way at the end of the season. We also got better with better play calling to on offense.

I agree.

the dline is not far from being great.....just need a dt....what this defense REALLY lacks is a cover saftey and a shut down corner

we need a cover safety when we are in cover 1 and blitzing with linebackers. We rarely blitzed with lbs because we don't have a true cover safety. One or the other is always a liability.

oh and i think olb needs to start getting more priority since te have emerged as downfeild weapons.......

ummm the only decent guy u got besides smith is olsen. lafell is avg..lol

and the reason why they are top 5 in passes for 20 or more is because of newton....qbs can help out wr a whole bunch....just like brady makes the avg pats wr.....but soon it catches up to you..

cam needs a YOUNG true deep threat. i like patton,patterson and williams for that.

None of them are proven to be anything better then Lafell. This is a AVG. draft Class for WR. There are no sure fire number 1 wr in this draft. And most of the time a good QB can make a WR better then he really is. You have to give the WR some credit for that 20+ YARD RANKING. They do have to get open and catch the ball.

You guys are saying the same thing the d is top 10 and we are saying the o is top 10 but the difference is we are in an offensive oriented division which means we need to build a stronger d to combat them.

no. we need to be able to put more points on the board.

the best way to ensure wins is by outscoring the opponents. put more on the board than the other team is capable of putting up. have a defense that's just good enough to slow down the other team.

oh and i think olb needs to start getting more priority since te have emerged as downfeild weapons.......

that's fair because Anderson couldn't hold his coverage down on Graham or Gonzales. Godfrey fared well though. Godfrey needs help since harijuka Barbie was exposed too much.

if we can become top 5 we will sweep the south with a top 10 offense.

if we have a top 5 offense we can sweep the south with a top 10 defense.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    NO - CAM