Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shula promoted to OC

328 posts in this topic

Posted

i need a fuging drink. this is unbearable

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would anyone think he'd run the se offense he did in Tampa in the 90s.

That fricking ignorant.

Posted

The best part is that next season while Cam is regressing mechanically he won't have a true QB coach to help because he QB coach will be too busy trying to learn the nuances of the offense we're running. Just awesome. We're going to destroy the greatest thing that has ever happened to this team because we're cheap, or lazy, or just i so not know, but it's truly sad and it's hard to see Cam staying when his contract is up right now.

Oh wait! Even better! After we dish out another losing season, Rivera's excuse will be "well we had a young staff, some coaches who were learning who expected to turn out better" and he'll get one more year! (along with a few undeserving scapegoats thrown in of course)

Posted

On the bright side:

1. Shula already knows Cam and the rest of our offensive personnel better than any OC we could bring in.

2. He had a front row seat to our struggles last year and to the adjustments that were made that allowed Cam to break through.

3. Cam is comfortable and familiar with him.

4. It's been a long time since his failures in Tampa and it's not like Tampa was loaded with talent on offense.

Posted

Don't be daft. Continuity was the reason. OBviously were going to be using a form of what we used last year.

continuity is the reason that we still have rivera around.

doesn't make that a good thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

But guess what, in 2000 as soon as Shula was gone, their offense jumped to #6 despite starting Dilfer's backup who went on to fail out of Arena League. TB had a very good offense at the time with 2 Pro Bowlers in the backfield. The problem before 2000 was Shula's absolute failure as an OC, and his famous inability to call the right plays or even get them to the field on time.

Damn, I had no Idea. Good thing I have a lot of Rum. fug

Posted

On the bright side:

1. Shula already knows Cam and the rest of our offensive personnel better than any OC we could bring in.

2. He had a front row seat to our struggles last year and to the adjustments that were made that allowed Cam to break through.

3. Cam is comfortable and familiar with him.

4. It's been a long time since his failures in Tampa and it's not like Tampa was loaded with talent on offense.

thank you fir showing the huddle some common sense.

Posted

I keep waiting to hear this was just a false bit of information, something, an accident, anything, I keep trying to wake up but I can't.

This team is actually going to destroy itself. I can't believe it. It's unbearable to watch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would anyone think he'd run the se offense he did in Tampa in the 90s.

That fricking ignorant.

it's more the guy calling the plays that's bothering me than the playbook.

Posted

You guys saying "it's been a long time since Tampa" are forgetting that he was a failure at Alabama, too, just a couple years ago.

Posted

Shula could be better than Chud he could take some of Chud's ideas and mix that with some of the stuff he wants. I like the continuity.

Posted

i need a fuging drink. this is unbearable

Yep liquor time.