• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Spackler

Shula promoted to OC

Here's another reality.

We had an opportunity this offseason to scour NFL and NCAA coaching ranks to put together a staff that had experienced success. Guys that are winners. Guys who knew how to get the best out of each individual player.

Here we sit with Rivera at HC, Shula at OC and QBC, Proel at WR coach, and Rogers as STC. You have to admit that's not exactly an all star cast. We'll be alright on D, if for no other reason than we have a proven great DC as our HC, but on offense and ST's, that is not a group that inspires a lot of confidence or that has any kind of track record of success.

The only positive I can find is we added Skipper. Look for him to be our interim HC when we underperform again early next year.

well the st step up quickly after Murphy got that hatchet.

I'm not at all surprised by Shula's promotion. It's part of the Panthers' MO to make a conservative move like that which was made by a conservative HC.

I'm "meh" about it. The only good thing is that it keeps Shurmur from playcalling for us...and that's just reaching for straws.

Shula is definitely not my favorite choice but I hope he's learned a thing or two since the last time he's called plays.

Also, everyone is acting losses about shula being the oc but let's be for real, who wants to work for a lame duck? Theres nothing worst than a lame duck coach other than one that gets 2 gears.

hopefully Shula can add a little pep to the offense

Offense needs less pep.....more basics. Biggest issue is we too often don't do the obvious situational stuff.

Unlike in Tampa...Shula has offensive players

Obviously Rivera talked to all of them and decided Shula was the best fit. He knows his butt is on the line and wants to find the best guy he could. He has been around enough guys to know what he wants. After all he was bright enough to pick Chud. I figure that he didn't just go for continuity or what is safe so much as he picked the guy who had the best ideas about how to get the most out of the team. They interviewed Shula after the others not before or just as a courtesy. Obviously they were not totally convinced the other guys were what he was looking for so they interviewed Shula and decided he was the best candidate. I hope Rivera is right. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. As a Panther fan would else can you do? Hope he fails?

You have got to be fugging kidding me?!?!??!?!!?!?!? Da fuq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Welcome to the gd twilight zone.

I don't listen to players when it come to coaches. Emotions are involved

A guy might be likeable, but that doesn't mean he's the person to lead the team

yeah....cause Steve smith has emotions involved over a coach who didn't even coach him.

Lol

The shut yall come up with.

yeah....cause Steve smith has emotions involved over a coach who didn't even coach him.

Lol

The shut yall come up with.

Dude what... he's on the offensive side. They're all a unit together. I'm sure Steve is oblivious to who Shula is smh

I wouldve love to have Hue, but I'm really am fine with this. We'll have a more balance offense. That's all I'm really asking. I dont no how it'll work but we'll find out soon.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dercrutch

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts