• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#211 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Nooooo! We didn't get any of the retreads who failed at their most recent jobs!!!!

They failed at being OC's?

#212 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Nooooo! We didn't get any of the retreads who failed at their most recent jobs!!!!

Yeah we got the retread who has failed at every job.

#213 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yeah we got the retread who has failed at every job.

Yeah you're right he's done a terrible job developing Cam...

#214 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,808 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Shula and McDermott?

I'm not understanding. Belichick and Coughlin hasn't stayed with their franchises their whole career

#215 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Trestman gets hired and immediately goes out and hires one of the more well respected coaches in the league.

Rivera flounders for two seasons, is given the opportunity to bring in help, and decides he'd rather experiment to see how many different ways we can try losing this season.

why didn't we fire this clown.

Meanwhile Chud is going forward with Norv at OC and Horton at DC.

#216 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,610 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I actually see Shula doing well and it's not a bad hire. But to be honest I have no clue how to assess OC talent.

#217 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,911 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

In the interest of fairness, Dilfer went to the pro-bowl in '97 with Shula as his OC.

#218 PanthersBigD

PanthersBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

They failed at being OC's?

Shurmur wasn't a fit anyway. You can disagree with me, and that's fine, I get that, but you're wrong and I hate you.

Norv has been a head coach for awhile now, so no, I don't think he's going to transition back to OC, and take a demotion as easily as all of you seem to.

Hue Jackson is basically a circling vulture, looking for the quickest route back to a head coaching job, and he wasn't very good when he was one. He was just okay as an OC, so no, I am not weeping tears of blood that we didn't snag him.

Shula sucked at his first go round as an OC over a decade ago. I'm willing to give him another chance.

#219 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Maybe, just maybe, Rivera decided that what was best for Cam and the Panthers was to give Shula a shot at continuing the development of Cam. Shula has two years invested in this. Saw first hand what did or did not work. So maybe it made sense to give him a chance.

Shula must have told Rivera what he wanted to here. Now it is up to Shula to prove he can get it done. Why not? History does not make a future failure a sure thing. Unless you listen to the masses here at the Huddle.

#220 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

So... some of you are happy Cam won't have to learn a new system, happy Shula will call plays he knows Cam can do, happy about some continuity... and happy we won't be running plays like Chud did.

Sense, it makes none.

#221 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

So Hue wasn't a very good OC for riding Jason Campbell to a top 10 offense in OAK, getting the HC position and then taking OAK to 8-8 with Jason Campbell (who he lost for the season) and Bruce Gradkowski. Honorable mention for being the RB coach for Stephen Davis when he erupted in WAS and the receivers coach in CIN when Chad and Housh tore poo up.

But because Shula, who was an abject failure as an OC in Tampa and a laughingstock HC at Bama hasn't fallen on his face just recently he deserves the shot?

Hahaha.

#222 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,969 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I bet gettlebro did sign off on the promotions because he knows it'll get Rivera fired quicker so he can bring in his own staff.

Clever girl

#223 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Shurmur wasn't a fit anyway. You can disagree with me, and that's fine, I get that, but you're wrong and I hate you.

Norv has been a head coach for awhile now, so no, I don't think he's going to transition back to OC, and take a demotion as easily as all of you seem to.

Hue Jackson is basically a circling vulture, looking for the quickest route back to a head coaching job, and he wasn't very good when he was one. He was just okay as an OC, so no, I am not weeping tears of blood that we didn't snag him.

Shula sucked at his first go round as an OC over a decade ago. I'm willing to give him another chance.

None of what you said answered my question though. They were all above average OCs except for Shula.

I hope he exceeds everyone's expectations but his hire is status quo for an organization with 4 winning seasons out of 18.

#224 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

None of what you said answered my question though. They were all above average OCs except for Shula.

I hope he exceeds everyone's expectations but his hire is status quo for an organization with 4 winning seasons out of 18.

Shurmur wasn't above average. He fuging sucked ass. What the fug are you talking about?

#225 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

About two hours ago I was struck with a great melancholy that I could not explain..

Then I saw this thread..

7-9 Panthers, don't change a thing..

Another year wasted..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.