• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#316 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think it was the right decision for the team. Bringing in a new OC and forcing cam and the offense to learn a new system would definitely jeopardize next season. And we all know next season is Rivera make or break season. Continuity is important for this team right now. Shula knows cam and will utilize him correctly. Good move imo.

Well said.

#317 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Ill be happy again once we hit another home run in the first round of the draft...

But this hire is just more status quo for JR and company.

#318 Bob NC

Bob NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Whether Shula is right or wrong, whether any of the available candidates would have been better, I would be willing to bet one thing: We ended up with the most 'cost efficient' option.

#319 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Panther Aficionado

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationViera, Florida

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

You know, we're hiring a new tech for the IT department. His resume is littered with failure but I probably shouldn't hold that against him.

My girlfriend won't cook, clean, or get a job. She is mean to my best hunting dogs and she sleeps with other men in the neighborhood while I am at work. I considered finding a new girlfriend but for the sake continuity, I decided to keep her. I'm following your example Coach Rivera - I sure hope it works out for both of us.

#320 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

My girlfriend won't cook, clean, or get a job. She is mean to my best hunting dogs and she sleeps with other men in the neighborhood while I am at work. I considered finding a new girlfriend but for the sake contunuity, I decided to keep her. I'm following your example Coach Rivera - I sure hope it works out for both of us.

Quit being lazy and do some cleaning on your own, and go ahead and bang that hot secretary you've been spanking it to in the shower the last 5 years.

You can make it work. This could be a good thing. Good luck!

#321 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,275 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

My girlfriend won't cook, clean, or get a job. She is mean to my best hunting dogs and she sleeps with other men in the neighborhood while I am at work. I considered finding a new girlfriend but for the sake continuity, I decided to keep her. I'm following your example Coach Rivera - I sure hope it works out for both of us.

For this to be a valid comparrison it would mean that Shula had done a terrible job while with the Panthers. HIs job performance must have been pretty darn good to be considered for a promotion.

#322 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

The Trent Dilfer that went to a pro bowl in 97 and won a Superbowl in Baltimore?

Ever stop to think Shula wasn't exactly a positive thing for Dilfer?

Filter was the consummate game manager.....not a real weapon on offense.

Again, I would have rather hired Hue. But, I will wait and see if this was a good mice or not. 10-12 years ago is a long time.

If we suck early on, I will be one of the first for to call for RR and Shula's head.

#323 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hi there, neighbor!!!

#324 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Shula was a very uninspired choice that will excite no one except maybe Cam, which of course is what's important. As long as Cam keeps improving we'll be ok.

#325 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,716 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Pie cause it is your first post

#326 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,629 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Filter was the consummate game manager.....

But, I will wait and see if this was a good mice or not.

Autocorrect says 'hi' :lol:

#327 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,610 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Maybe you should consider becoming gay.

#328 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Is there no possibility that this might be a good outcome?

Tough teams run the ball when needed and use that ability to go vertical

Running imposes physical will on the other team just like body blows in boxing.

It has been a very long time since the Panthers didn't get pushed around on both sides of the ball when it mattered.

Gentleman knows this. Lets see what the player moves are before we go off the deep end.

What do Seattle and San Fran have that the Panthers don't ... A great offensive line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com