• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#311 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Okay fair enough. How about last season when he took a QB "project" and developed him into the best rookie QB in NFL history. Or is that too far back for you also?

In addition to the fact that you know as well as I do the whole project label was severely over stated, if we had any desire to push deeper we could ask ourselves why Cam is still mechanically identical to himself in some areas as he was two years ago, and now doesn't have a real position coach to work with him on those things

But we don't have any desire to do so. Because being a mediocre position coach has almost nothing to do with being the offensive coordinator.

#312 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

In addition to the fact that you know as well as I do the whole project label was severely over stated, if we had any desire to push deeper we could ask ourselves why Cam is still mechanically identical to himself in some areas as he was two years ago, and now doesn't have a real position coach to work with him on those things

But we don't have any desire to do so. Because being a mediocre position coach has almost nothing to do with being the offensive coordinator.

Or the fact that his mechanics looked worse starting his second season than they did his first, when he put heavy time in with Weinke.

#313 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Or the fact that his mechanics looked worse starting his second season than they did his first, when he put heavy time in with Weinke.

I couldn't disagree more with these two sentiments. Even though he struggled early in the season I think he was actually better even at the beginning of the year than he was his rookie year in both decision making and accuracy. I realize the stats don't bare that out the first 6 games of the season, but just watching the games he has come a LONG way from his rookie year. He is becoming a better QB even if he didn't have a better statistical year this year. If he keeps doing what he is doing, and continuing to learn he will have a break out year within the next two seasons.

#314 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I couldn't disagree more with these two sentiments. Even though he struggled early in the season I think he was actually better even at the beginning of the year than he was his rookie year in both decision making and accuracy. I realize the stats don't bare that out the first 6 games of the season, but just watching the games he has come a LONG way from his rookie year. He is becoming a better QB even if he didn't have a better statistical year this year. If he keeps doing what he is doing, and continuing to learn he will have a break out year within the next two seasons.

I disagree about the mechanics. I really thought he looked like a hot mess to start the season.

He did start looking better as the season went on, and to be fair Shula should get a lot of credit for that.

#315 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

So....what I have learned the last 24 hours.....
Most Huddlers hate this hire.

Zod has Tampa/Shula PTSD.
Most Huddlers love being miserable.

I was not for Rivera being retained. He was, and I said I would be supportive and hope he is able to grow as a head coach.

Now, Shula is the OC. Not the sexy hire. Thoughts............some continuity is not all bad. Sometimes things need to be tweeked not overhauled. I do a better job than I did 13 years ago...even 1 year ago. Shula may have been promoted in the past before he was ready because of his name. We know nothing about his interviews or the specifics of his performance for the past 2 years. Rivera's future depends on Shula's success (got to think playoffs). Gettleman also had input...... I have to believe in him (I liked his hire).

I have stopped my Rivera bashing. JR believed he should give him another chance, so I will be supportive and see how things work out. Gettleman said his job was to make everyone better, including Rivera. I am willing to give these guys a chance. Hoping this is Shula's time.

The staff is set. Can we move on to thinking about the draft?

#316 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think it was the right decision for the team. Bringing in a new OC and forcing cam and the offense to learn a new system would definitely jeopardize next season. And we all know next season is Rivera make or break season. Continuity is important for this team right now. Shula knows cam and will utilize him correctly. Good move imo.

Well said.

#317 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Ill be happy again once we hit another home run in the first round of the draft...

But this hire is just more status quo for JR and company.

#318 Bob NC

Bob NC

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Whether Shula is right or wrong, whether any of the available candidates would have been better, I would be willing to bet one thing: We ended up with the most 'cost efficient' option.

#319 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Kenny Fugging Powers

• LocationViera, Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

You know, we're hiring a new tech for the IT department. His resume is littered with failure but I probably shouldn't hold that against him.

My girlfriend won't cook, clean, or get a job. She is mean to my best hunting dogs and she sleeps with other men in the neighborhood while I am at work. I considered finding a new girlfriend but for the sake continuity, I decided to keep her. I'm following your example Coach Rivera - I sure hope it works out for both of us.

#320 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

My girlfriend won't cook, clean, or get a job. She is mean to my best hunting dogs and she sleeps with other men in the neighborhood while I am at work. I considered finding a new girlfriend but for the sake contunuity, I decided to keep her. I'm following your example Coach Rivera - I sure hope it works out for both of us.

Quit being lazy and do some cleaning on your own, and go ahead and bang that hot secretary you've been spanking it to in the shower the last 5 years.

You can make it work. This could be a good thing. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users