327 replies to this topic

#46 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

With only subtractions made to the coaching staff...and with the cap situation the way it is...the Panthers might really struggle next year. Panthers are one Cam Newton injury away from being 0-16.

#47 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,383 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted Image

#48 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

fairly predictable, you guys wanted Chud gone, well he's gone none of you ever thought that not too many people would want the job considering that it could end up only being for 1 year, and don't think for a second that didn't play a big role in it.

I'm pretty sure we would have had to guaranteed many of the OC's that we wanted 3 years of salary or more and that just want going to happen

#49 kls11310

kls11310

Cam2SmittyAllDay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Sweet! The huddle consensus is this is awful news! Usually the actual outcome of what happens every year directly contradicts the huddles stance! Super Bowl next year woooooooo!!!!

#50 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
For those asking, Pat Shurmur and Hue Jackson wanted the job. Panthers went w/ continuity and someone who's worked well with Cam.

whoa okay nevermind. fug this hire.

#51 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,747 posts

$$$ > W's

#52 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

who really would want to join Rivera? It is like loaning a dying man money. They would have to know this was a one-year, probationary gig.

#53 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,383 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

The upcoming season is gonna be a damn bloodbath.. JR will never take that next step needed to get the superbowl while he still lives..

#54 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

status quo for the Panthers. Mr. Richardson and his cronies are content with 6-10/7-9 FB as long as his pockets are fat. He knows the fans will come, and if they don't they'll at least sell their tickets to opposing fans.

I'm going to be honest here: I'm pretty pissed off about this. Unreal.

#55 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,778 posts
  • LocationNC

The fug man... The fug!

#56 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

who really would want to join Rivera? It is like loaning a dying man money. They would have to know this was a one-year, probationalry gig.

Hue Jackson....but why hire your midseason replacement

#57 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

who really would want to join Rivera? It is like loaning a dying man money. They would have to know this was a one-year, probationary gig.

Yeah honestly I agree w/ this. I can't really blame them either. No playoffs TY = Looking for a new job next year

#58 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

fairly predictable, you guys wanted Chud gone, well he's gone none of you ever thought that not too many people would want the job considering that it could end up only being for 1 year, and don't think for a second that didn't play a big role in it.

Person reported that Jackson and Shurmur both wanted the job. Jackson was a fantastic option, and even if they were limited in people that wanted the job, there was a clear option available that wanted it.

I'll admit to wanting Chud gone, but it's because I (for some unknown reason) had faith in Rivera to learn from him mistakes and hire an OC with some previous head coaching experience. His idiocy and ego prevented that.

#59 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hue Jackson....but why hire your midseason replacement

Yup. It's the same reason why I new Rivera would NEVER hire Whisenhunt.

If the Panthers start out 0-3 Rivera could be fired. Bringing in a guy like Hue or Ken is just pouring gasoline on a seat that's so hot it about to explode.

Well played, Rivera. I don't agree with the move (and neither does anyone else) but this my friends is called having your cake and eating it too.

#60 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,626 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Now that its official. Lets not overreact. Say we're deflated. What positives can be brought from this? Continuity. Shula worked with Cam one on one. He's probably heard what Cam is comfortable with. What he likes, what he doesn't like. He was on the bench with the players. He probably heard the complaints. We are not going to see the read option as our base formation anymore. He is going to continue on the path that we had the last 6 games. Shula hasn't worked with a QB of Cam's caliber. Shaun King was his QB i believe? I think the positives outway the negatives. I'm trying to be optimistic. I obviously would have prefered Hue Jackson. But lets not get crazy here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com