#61 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

rivera is trying to insulate himself from the inevitable here. it's so obvious now.

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

yeah, this is pissing me off more than i was expecting.

the only thing that could be worse is starting the season 2-8 again, missing out on the playoffs, and then having some late season rally again to finish the season at 8-8 and rivera keep his job.

#63 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I might as well start it now....

Gruden or Cowher in 2014.

#64 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm seriously pissed about this and now I have to wait just under a god damn year to find out just how epic this failure will be. Hooray for a miserable offseason.

#65 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Person reported that Jackson and Shurmur both wanted the job. Jackson was a fantastic option, and even if they were limited in people that wanted the job, there was a clear option available that wanted it.

I'll admit to wanting Chud gone, but it's because I (for some unknown reason) had faith in Rivera to learn from him mistakes and hire an OC with some previous head coaching experience. His idiocy and ego prevented that.

Honestly I don't trust Person, but I don't doubt they wanted the job, why interview if they didn't want it, but with that said would probably have wanted a decent amount to guarantee a safety net for them incase rivera is gone at the end of next season

#66 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,755 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

the only thing that could be worse is starting the season 2-8 again, missing out on the playoffs, and then having some late season rally again to finish the season at 8-8 and rivera keep his job.

This won't happen. I firmly believe it will not.

#67 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Continuity for a team that can't break .500 - even when it feasts on cupcakes in garbage time - isn't really a strong pitch.

#68 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Since all of you Nostradamus' already know that we are going to have a bad season next year anyone want to tell me this weekends Powerball number?

FFS it isn't even free agency yet and you guys a throwing in the towel. I bet there is room on the 9ers bandwagon.

#69 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hue Jackson....but why hire your midseason replacement

This was my first thought. If that is the case, then Rivera is dumber than we all thought.

#70 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

This won't happen. I firmly believe it will not.

sorry....i don't have much faith in this team, esp. the coaching staff.

the only thing i have faith in is their uncanny ability to take potential and squash it.

#71 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Yeh...no suprise there. Perhaps he'll make this offense a bit more structured, though? I mean I know we're used to seeing the offense we saw in the last month of the season, but you can't forget how much of a disorganized clusterfug it was at the begginning.

#72 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,161 posts

Since all of you Nostradamus' already know that we are going to have a bad season next year anyone want to tell me this weekends Powerball number?

FFS it isn't even free agency yet and you guys a throwing in the towel. I bet there is room on the 9ers bandwagon.

17 24 32 34 47 21
you're welcome

#73 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

the even worse scenario to me is something happening in the NFC south power structure (falcons get old and collapse, saints can't get it together, etc) and we back in to a division title and lose our first playoff game. now rivera has "taken us to the playoffs" and can ride that for years.

#74 Judo Thoreau

Judo Thoreau

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Obviously preparing Shula for the HC position once Rivera is fired next season.

#75 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Six.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.