• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#76 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Since all of you Nostradamus' already know that we are going to have a bad season next year anyone want to tell me this weekends Powerball number?

FFS it isn't even free agency yet and you guys a throwing in the towel. I bet there is room on the 9ers bandwagon.

aside from that 4 week run at the end, what reason is there to feel anything else will happen? i mean it's a lot more likely to see this team have another non-winning season than a winning one. this team has a long tradition of screwing things up.

#77 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yeah honestly I agree w/ this. I can't really blame them either. No playoffs TY = Looking for a new job next year

I also think this COULD be the best move for Cam. We shall see. (I was hoping to have a guy who would not allow Cam's head to drop like Shula did. Jackson would not take that mess).

#78 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Why honestly care about Free Agency???? The draft yea, but why FA? It's not like the team is going to have money to sign anyone with and that's if they cut Gross, Gamble, Beason, WIlliams and a host of other guys.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

lol...we're a joke.

MikeSilver
Mike shula to the panthers as offensive coordinator. And the absurd shunning of hue jackson is once again complete. Vaya con Dios carolina

#80 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

I'm over it now. Nothing we can do about it but whine and sound like a bunch of pussies anyway.

Most of the posters here know this, whether you have the balls to admit it anyway, the odds of the current coaching staff being around after 1 more year are slim to none.

What sucks though is it's not even Feb and we are already expecting another long season next year. wow.

#81 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,356 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Since all of you Nostradamus' already know that we are going to have a bad season next year anyone want to tell me this weekends Powerball number?

FFS it isn't even free agency yet and you guys a throwing in the towel. I bet there is room on the 9ers bandwagon.

I am not throwing in the towel, just looking for a substantive change, and chances are that Shula ain't gonna bring anything new to the table. I am usually optimistic.

Let me, err us, have our moment.

#82 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Continuity

I'm cool with it!

#83 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Now that its official. Lets not overreact. Say we're deflated. What positives can be brought from this? Continuity. Shula worked with Cam one on one. He's probably heard what Cam is comfortable with. What he likes, what he doesn't like. He was on the bench with the players. He probably heard the complaints. We are not going to see the read option as our base formation anymore. He is going to continue on the path that we had the last 6 games. Shula hasn't worked with a QB of Cam's caliber. Shaun King was his QB i believe? I think the positives outway the negatives. I'm trying to be optimistic. I obviously would have prefered Hue Jackson. But lets not get crazy here.

Continuity is great if you've gone 12-4 and 13-3, not when you've gone 6-10 and 7-9.

#84 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

PFT has been trolling hard with the whole "minority coaching snubs" the past couple of days. I can promise you they parlay this Hue Jackson thing into a race issue within a matter of hours. Watch.

#85 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Isn't Shula the guy who gave us the first shutout in team history?

#86 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Why honestly care about Free Agency???? The draft yea, but why FA? It's not like the team is going to have money to sign anyone with and that's if they cut Gross, Gamble, Beason, WIlliams and a host of other guys.

Yeah do not expect the Panthers to make a splash in FA. There is no money.

#87 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,807 posts

You have to assume he aced the interview. He had a two year head start on his "how to use cam speech" He's been sitting beside him for the past two seasons. Wouldn't surprise me if he got an endorsement from Cam.

#88 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

aside from that 4 week run at the end, what reason is there to feel anything else will happen? i mean it's a lot more likely to see this team have another non-winning season than a winning one. this team has a long tradition of screwing things up.

Come on dude...

Aside from a dozen or so no brainers you dont even know who is going to be playing on this team next year. Youve got no real sense for what Shula will attempt to do with the offense beyond some (admittedly educated) guessing.

Its just too early to declare next season over.

At least for me.

#89 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yay, it's been a while since I posted a thread with a poo-ton of replies

#90 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

What makes me think differently: Cam's maturity for the O. and Kuechly's maturity for the D. They will be captains next year. And that will mean a LOT. Rivera i believe has learned to play aggressive. While i know it is was when we were out of contention, but I believe he is beginning to trust these players. Gettleman and what he is going to do this offseason will be a major contributor. I can't believe some of you. This is the year we make the playoffs. If not, Rivera is out no question. But i believe we will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com