FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

2003: The Cardiac Cats

2013: The Mediocre Cats.

Seriously when was the last time that this team signed ANYONE, coach or free agent, that impressed anyone?

At least we have someone that Cam is comfy with until he takes the first plane out of Charlotte to play for a team that wants to compete.

#93 TheJason

TheJason

Black & Blue in The Bay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationLivermore

You have to assume he aced the interview. He had a two year head start on his "how to use cam speech" He's been sitting beside him for the past two seasons. Wouldn't surprise me if he got an endorsement from Cam.

This.

#94 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

PFT has been trolling hard with the whole "minority coaching snubs" the past couple of days. I can promise you they parlay this Hue Jackson thing into a race issue within a matter of hours. Watch.

they already have...well, mike silver has.

that's enough.

and we deserve it.

i mean we hired mike shula....OVER HUE JACKSON!!!!! FOR CONTINUITY!!!!!!

gah....

#95 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Since all of you Nostradamus' already know that we are going to have a bad season next year anyone want to tell me this weekends Powerball number?

FFS it isn't even free agency yet and you guys a throwing in the towel. I bet there is room on the 9ers bandwagon.

It's the combination of everything coming together...

- Rivera kept his job.

- Gettleman came in, giving us hope.

- Rivera kept Chud, even after his ego cost us the first half of the season (along with Chud's refusal to change the gameplan, game after game)

- Cleveland comes along and takes Chud away, giving us hope that things would change.

- We interview a fantastic candidate in Hue Jackson, giving us hope that things are looking up. He seems like a slam dunk option.

- We interview two fantastic special team coordinator options in Taub and April, giving us hope that things are looking up there as well.

- Today, we promote a guy that was a horrendous Offensive coordinator when he had his chance, overlooking HUe Jackson. We also promote a member of the staf that produced a terrible special teams group, passing up April (After Toub was hired elsewhere).

Basically, over the past hour, all of the high hopes for the positions have been crushed. Gettleman clearly either allowed Rivera to make the decision (which sucks), or played a part in the decision (which also sucks), so it also really hurt my high hopes for him as well.

Basically, the last hour completely sucked out all of the optomism I had when it comes to the immediate future of the Panthers. Give me a few weeks and I'll start to look on the bright side again, and trick myself into thinking that we are good enough to produce this year. Deep down though, I'll always know that at this time next year, we'll have a new coach and we'll be coming off another 6-8 win season.

I'm sick and tired of this team and the need to always take the easy option without doing anything to truly improve the product that is being put on the field.

#96 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Continuity is great if you've gone 12-4 and 13-3, not when you've gone 6-10 and 7-9.

Thats deceptive. To me anyway.

#97 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

lol...we're a joke.

We've been a joke for quite a while.

We're edging towards meme territory now.

#98 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Continuity

I'm cool with it!

Cool with continuing failure. Well at least Jerry can sucker someone out of some money.

If Gettleman had any input on this he has already started fuging up his job. If he didn't then why did we hire him?

#99 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

PFT has been trolling hard with the whole "minority coaching snubs" the past couple of days. I can promise you they parlay this Hue Jackson thing into a race issue within a matter of hours. Watch.

In fairness, we have a minority head coach...so we aren't really the problem.

#100 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Person just said on twitter that he expects Shula to remain QB coach too.

Two birds with one stone! Jerry wins again!

#101 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Come on dude...

Aside from a dozen or so no brainers you dont even know who is going to be playing on this team next year. Youve got no real sense for what Shula will attempt to do with the offense beyond some (admittedly educated) guessing.

Its just too early to declare next season over.

At least for me.

4 winning seasons out of 17. again it's not hard to figure out where we'll be sitting next year.

and we're banking on the continiuty of a losing staff being the best thing for the team...with an OC that has only had the job once...15 years ago...and totally screwed that up as well as his one stint at a HC in college. and who probalby wouldn't even have a coaching job if his name wasn't shula.

we're screwed. much more likely that is the case than us having a winning season and don't even start thinking playoffs.

#102 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Person just said on twitter that he expects Shula to remain QB coach too.

Two birds with one stone! Jerry wins again!

what a joke.

#103 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

We've been a joke for quite a while.

We're edging towards meme territory now.

i guess someone has to replace the browns as the joke of the NFL.

#104 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

There is something to be said for consistency. Let's see how this plays out. What Shula did in 1999 has little bearing on him today. It concerns me that Jackson seems to be digressing, going from a riser, to a head coach, to an assistant with the Bengals and then not getting calls when a ton of OC jobs open. There seems to be something going around the NFL we do not know. It is curious, because he seemed like a dead ringer.

I am upset aboutt this, but I am not going to put a towel over my head and pout about it. (kidding huggers). Shula knows Cam and the system. Lets see what he can do.

#105 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think 2013 will be a year to try being a fan of NFL in general and follow multiple teams. Panthers have written the year off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.