• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#106 dbulls874

dbulls874

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

There are a lot of contrived narratives being thrown out there - JR's being cheap; Rivera's a lame duck and can't attract anyone good; JR and Rivera are going with a vanilla choice because they're so conservative and afraid of change.

Could I suggest the actual reason Shula was hired is also the most obvious one? It was the right football decision. Keeping the same offense, the same terminology and the same playbook in place will be so much better for Cam's development than any other option on the OC market. Other than Chudzinski and Norv, who else would be able to pick up where 2012 left off anywhere close to Shula? He was the right choice as soon as Norv went off the market, and it worried me that they were seriously considering anyone else (short of coaxing an HC-worthy candidate into remaining or becoming a coordinator). Now, 2012 wasn't a successful year overall, but the offense has been above average (and at times excellent) for two years now.

Now, I would have moved heaven and earth to try and get Dave Toub, but I love the Shula promotion (actually had to stop myself from fist pumping when i read it) and I love that Jim Skipper is coming back to interview. All of you that are bummed out by "boring" hires are more interested in headlines and change for change's sake than putting in the necessary patience to reap wins.

#107 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

what a joke.

Person just said on twitter that he expects Shula to remain QB coach too.

Two birds with one stone! Jerry wins again!

We've been a joke for quite a while.

We're edging towards meme territory now.

#108 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,682 posts

I prefer Shula over Pat Shurmur. Would have loved to get Hue, but again, at lease it's not Shurmur.

#109 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,816 posts

Thats deceptive. To me anyway.

i don't think so. it's telling. we can't even keep the same staff that only managed to have two losing seasons in a row.

had a chance to make things better...chose to dig heels into the ground.

awesome.

#110 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,816 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I prefer Shula over Pat Shurmur. Would have loved to get Hue, but again, at lease it's not Shurmur.

would have loved to have had a winning season, but at least we didn't finish in the bottom 5.

yay for "meh" standards.

#111 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,096 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Another wasted year. We should have fired Rivera and started over now instead of settling for mediocrity.

#112 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Darin Gantt@daringantt
There is that. RT @pantherdan344: continuity's overrated. Cams changed systems 3 times in 4 years. Natl champ, natl champ, 4000 yds + r.o.y.

because why the fug not

#113 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Shula has been a failure wherever he's gone.

I'm sure it will be different this time. Let's gamble another fuging poo season on it.

#114 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I think 2013 will be a year to try being a fan of NFL in general and follow multiple teams. Panthers have written the year off.

Really? Because of this hiring?

Haha wow why do you even post here again?

Sorry but this is one of the silliest posts I've seen on the Huddle in awhile... And that's saying a lot

#115 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,017 posts

Unbelievable. Its almost as if legitimate candidates were brought in to appease the masses when we announced that we wanted to maintain he status quo.

Rivera deserves the firing he will get at the end of next season. Unfortunatley the fans will be the ones that suffer his arrogance.

#116 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

For the people talking up consistency, Shula has never, ever run a coryell offense before. Jackson has. Just because the guy has worked on the team doesn't mean he's suddenly capable of running a scheme he has 0 experience in. He's never shown he's capable of running any scheme, having failed literally every time he's been charged with running an offense or a team.

#117 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I think Grttleman's giving Rivera his guy so when he fails in 2013 he can clean house and bring in his staff...

It's going to be a rough couple of seasons here regardless it seems...

#118 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

First place!

For lowest paid staff in the business.

#119 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,492 posts

This is poo, but at least cam is familiar with him and won't have to learn a new system

#120 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,017 posts

This entire franchise is an embarassment. at least Fat Cat saved some money though! profitable business margin ftw!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.