#121 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Really? Because of this hiring?

Haha wow why do you even post here again?

Sorry but this is one of the silliest posts I've seen on the Huddle in awhile... And that's saying a lot

It's not a positive attribute to your character that you enjoy watching or participating in failure, nor is it a detriment to mine that I prefer my entertainment to be enjoyable. Shula is one of the worst offensive coaches currently working, and his hiring has caused me to lose emotional investment in the team's 2013 success.

If it's your tradition to eat poo, and I have decided I'd prefer to eat steak, it's not me with the problem.

#122 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,324 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Shula has a spotty track record as offensive overseer, but this hire wasn't about his track record and past league rankings as a coordinator. It's all about continuity. Being selected over Jackson and Shurmur, Shula will keep the basic elements of outgoing OC Chudzinski's offense in place, boding well for Cam Newton. Shula also has an obvious relationship with Rivera, whose history with new GM Dave Gettleman is minimal. For the sake of the coaching staff, at least, the Shula promotion makes sense.

#123 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Shula has a spotty track record as offensive overseer, but this hire wasn't about his track record and past league rankings as a coordinator. It's all about continuity. Being selected over Jackson and Shurmur, Shula will keep the basic elements of outgoing OC Chudzinski's offense in place, boding well for Cam Newton. Shula also has an obvious relationship with Rivera, whose history with new GM Dave Gettleman is minimal. For the sake of the coaching staff, at least, the Shula promotion makes sense.

Why would Shula keep elements in place more than Jackson who actually runs a coryell system, whereas Shula hasn't?

#124 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,701 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

what.

the.

fug.

i honestly didn't think the front office was actually this stupid. this just drained nearly every modicum of hope i had for the couple of years of this franchise. milquetoastery, in spite of public attempts to paint a different portrait, still matriculates through the ranks of this organization from top to bottom.

this is as disgusted as i've been with a carolina panthers personnel decision in a very long time.

#125 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Lets see what happens. I have no issue with this. It's not always about the "big name". Sure Shula may have had past failures but failing is not a such a bad thing if you learned from it so you can become successful. Just a thought

#126 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

So Jackson wanted the job, but we gave it to Shula... LOL

Perhaps Rivera didn't want a former NFL HC waiting in the wings, Jackson has had the "interim" title before.

On the other hand, there are things about this move that make perfect sense and it's not exactly fair to judge Shula based on his work with the Bucs more than a decade ago.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but if we struggle it will be hard to know that we turned away a proven and successful OC like Jackson.

#127 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

currently registering the domain www.losangeleshuddle.com brb

#128 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wait, so the only consistent argument for this move is that the franchise quarterback needs to be coddled like a little child?

#129 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Who did Shula have as his QB at Tampa. Who were his surrounding players? Who was the HC during that time? I just wanna know I haven't researched it cause I thought it was Hue's job.

Tony Dungy was the HC, and Trent Dilfer was the QB...

Rosters/Stats 96-99

http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/1996.htm
http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/1997.htm
http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/1998.htm
http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/1999.htm

#130 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

We might as well throw this season out the window, decision like this makes me question wtf is going on there

#131 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Next year is Cam's tryout season for the Dallas Cowboys - so this honestly may end up helping us in the long run!

#132 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,230 posts
  • LocationSC

LB Coach - Still hoping for Babich, but it doesn't look good

RB Coach - If we got Skipper, that'd at least be something

WR Coach - I'm good with Proehl

QB Coach - Would have hoped they'd backfill with someone like John Ramsdell or Jeremy Bates; no such luck; Shula does double duty

ST Coach / Offensive Coordinator - Same comment for both. You had the chance to hire a couple of coaches with proven track records - one with a rep for being among the best in the league at his job - but instead you chose to go with two underwhelming choices that were already on staff. Why? For the sake of "continuity".

Quick hint: Continuity is a good thing if what you're "continuing" from was something successful :(

#133 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

currently registering the domain www.losangeleshuddle.com brb

Then all the Redskins fans in Carolina will be in for a treat when they grab Cam when he demands to leave after a few more abysmal seasons.

#134 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I know two things about Shula that make me a sad sad panda.

His time in TB was a disaster and from year one to year two with Shula as his QB coach Cam's mechanics got worse.

Neither of these things makes me think this was a good hire - especially when Jackson, who would have been a GREAT hire, wanted the fuging job. Deflated is not the right word...we turned what could have been a positive thing into what is almost certainly a negative or at the very least a neutral change.

Shula could always surprise us....but I am not filled with great expectations for our offense next year.

#135 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Next year is Cam's tryout season for the Dallas Cowboys - so this honestly may end up helping us in the long run!

Redskins are gonna be way more willing to overpay to replace rubberband legs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com