I Have Lost Faith In This Staff.......

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Do we know this for sure, that jackson wasn't getting offers from other teams? If Jackson wasn't in the picture then Shula was the best choice between Shula and Shurmur. If all three were on the table then I'm not sure what to think. Not exactly thrilled.

Person tweeted Jackson wanted the job. He turned down an opportunity to interview for the Jets OC job.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Do we know this for sure, that jackson wasn't getting offers from other teams? If Jackson wasn't in the picture then Shula was the best choice between Shula and Shurmur. If all three were on the table then I'm not sure what to think. Not exactly thrilled.

he left here wanting it.

#33 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,474 posts

The Rodgers hiring is just as bad as the Shula one because it shows just how extensively this team will go to shift blame.

So much for "Not whose right, but getting it right"

#34 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,267 posts

Person tweeted Jackson wanted the job. He turned down an opportunity to interview for the Jets OC job.

he left here wanting it.

Goddammit.

#35 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm driving the David Shaw 2014 bandwagon

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,597 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

it wasn't.

I'm now leaning more toward the belief that particular decision will be reversed come this time next year.

#37 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Shurmur would have been the tipping point for me.

#38 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I dont mind it. Continuity may be whats best for this team right now.

Continuity for a 6-10 and 7-9 team. The trend? 8-8.

#39 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I don't know that I was "on the wagon" so much as just it was what I was pretty sure was going to happen and I could understand the logic behind it.

Seeing decisions like this is enough to make me wonder if it was the right choice.

That's pretty much where I was. I wasn't happy Ron was retained, but I had resigned myself to accepting it. Then when Chud left I thought "we'll at least now Ron can get an experienced, capable, talented OC in to help with the burden of learning to be a HC. Someone like Norv or Whisenhunt or Hue with HC experience and true talent at leading offenses." I thought, for the first time in about 2 years, there was actually going to be a good chance we can succeed under Ron!

And then they pull this BS. I'm so gd depressed right now.

#40 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Continuity for a 6-10 and 7-9 team. The trend? 8-8.

Hey, maybe we'll be able to sniff the playoffs by 2015 or 2016....

Of course by then it'll obviously be under a whole new coaching staff.

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hey, maybe we'll be able to sniff the playoffs by 2015 or 2016....

Of course by then it'll obviously be under a whole new coaching staff.

and a new QB.

#42 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Don't worry. When the team starts 1-6 the media will just blame Cam and tell us how much of a coach killer he is.

#43 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,203 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Wow

#44 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

if this organization was serious about winning it would have fired fox during his known lame duck season and sent marty packing too... it was the perfect time to dump contracts around the lockout and hire a decent GM and let him start building the team correctly for a run. At that time we had a good idea marty was a bag of sht, why didn't richarson?

Flash forward to 2013... same deal...lame duck season, no progress for 3 years other than we added cam and keek but basically no real talent plus we're in cap hell. unless by some small chance cam and smitty can save us, next year will stink too. to turn this mess around is a daunting task and to expect us to win next year is a pipe dream with the leadership that is assembled....I'm still going to support the team but jayzus, this schizophrenic management style is driving me up a wall...

#45 MemphisGambler

MemphisGambler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Nothing breaks your "fan spirit" like watching your team be on the verge of doing something great only to see them do something stupid instead :(

Many people wanted Chud tarred and feathered while hanging him from the Eiffel Tower one year after people were ready to slash their wrists if we lost him to Tampa. Maybe Shula can help from observing what has happened over the last 2 years. I doubt he will start a game lining up Cam as a receiver or call plays as bad as Chud did in the season opener against Tampa.

If Rivera and Shula fail, the whole staff will be gone. Then, Gettleman can bring in his coach. And, if that doesn't produce results, the angst will shift to Gettleman and the new coaches. The failure was that Fox and Hurney should have been dumped at the same time. As a result, we are in the midst of another lame duck coach year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com