congratulations.

#7 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hue probably didn't want to come here anyways if he knew he only had 1 shot at it.

#8 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Im just saying, majority of the huddle wanted Rivera back

i don't know about that

#9 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Folks, Let's face it. You have no real knowledge that Shula will suck, and you have no idea that Jackson would have been awesome. Here is what we do know. Jackson was a riser, got a head coaching gig, that did not work out, so he wound up as an assistant for the Bengals. A lot of OC jobs opened. Was his phone ringing off the hook? No. Wonder why? Tne NFL is a small community. What is it about this guy that diid not get a ton of interviews? (Jets and Panthers). Maybe he wanted too much money, maybe he has a reputation (he does=reported to be an ass), and maybe he and Cam would have locked horns. We know what we have in Shula, and Shula knows Cam and the offense pretty well. Unlke Chud, Shula knows the mental aspects of playing QB. Shula, for all anyone really knows, may have been the best, obvious choice. To get mad as if your home was robbed is to assume that you know more than Gettlemen (who was involved in the process) and Rivera. Shula is going to be fine. You are all just reacting to opinions formed by others and a few articles you may have read over the last few days. I wanted Jackson too, but I am not going to act like I know something I don't. There is a reason they did not call me to ask my opinion. Take tantrums out on this post until naptime if that helps, but I think Shula will be OK.

#10 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I also like to say, Rivera isn't the brightest of the bright

Should have fired Chud, didn't. He went to Cleveland and TOOK Norv with him

If you're trying to secure your job, get the best candidates in here. Not the people you know can't take over HC if you're fired

#11 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I also like to say, Rivera isn't the brightest of the bright

Should have fired Chud, didn't. He went to Cleveland and TOOK Norv with him

If you're trying to secure your job, get the best candidates in here. Not the people you know can't take over HC if you're fired

That's why I was surprised people were saying OC's didn't want to come here for one year knowing Rivera is on the hot seat. I always looked at it the other way, that they should want to come here for that because one of two things would happen.

Rivera keeps his job because they were a good OC which could lead to a HC job sooner rather than later

Or

Rivera keeps fugging up and gets fired mid season, OC takes over as interim and if they do well could end up the HC in 2014.

It never occurred to me that Rivera could try and stay away from those type of qualified OC's to ensure he's not fired mid-season

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Shula, for all anyone really knows, may have been the best, obvious choice. To get mad as if your home was robbed is to assume that you know more than Gettlemen (who was involved in the process) and Rivera. Shula is going to be fine. You are all just reacting to opinions formed by others and a few articles you may have read over the last few days. I wanted Jackson too, but I am not going to act like I know something I don't. There is a reason they did not call me to ask my opinion. Take tantrums out on this post until naptime if that helps, but I think Shula will be OK.

I think most of us just feel this team is on the cusp and is ready to take a big step up with the right leadership. The moves this offseason (except Gettleman) have done nothing to give many of us optimism strictly based on the resumes of the coaches involved.

Shula may turn out to be great, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it was someone with a history of success in their past. Let's face it, strictly from a resume standpoint, Shula does not look too good.

#13 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

If Rivera Was Fired, Shula Wouldn't Be Our OC............................

But if Rivera gets fired mid-season, guess who could be the interim HC......

#14 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think most of us just feel this team is on the cusp and is ready to take a big step up with the right leadership. The moves this offseason (except Gettleman) have done nothing to give many of us optimism strictly based on the resumes of the coaches involved.

Shula may turn out to be great, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it was someone with a history of success in their past. Let's face it, strictly from a resume standpoint, Shula does not look too good.

I feel the same way--Just trying to see the best side. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

#15 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

If my Grandma had balls, she would be my Grandpa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com