TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Majority of the huddle wanted the firing..not close

And our head coach would have probally been Pat Shumer.

Ehh I did not mean to quote myself thought i was editing..sorry.

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,652 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

wtf is this poo?

Hey, if Chud is fired midseason, Shula is promoted. That way when we still suck, Shula is demoted back to QB coach and Jackson is our OC.

I like that better.

#19 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Folks, Let's face it. You have no real knowledge that Shula will suck, and you have no idea that Jackson would have been awesome. Here is what we do know. Jackson was a riser, got a head coaching gig, that did not work out, so he wound up as an assistant for the Bengals. A lot of OC jobs opened. Was his phone ringing off the hook? No. Wonder why? Tne NFL is a small community. What is it about this guy that diid not get a ton of interviews? (Jets and Panthers). Maybe he wanted too much money, maybe he has a reputation (he does=reported to be an ass), and maybe he and Cam would have locked horns. We know what we have in Shula, and Shula knows Cam and the offense pretty well. Unlke Chud, Shula knows the mental aspects of playing QB. Shula, for all anyone really knows, may have been the best, obvious choice. To get mad as if your home was robbed is to assume that you know more than Gettlemen (who was involved in the process) and Rivera. Shula is going to be fine. You are all just reacting to opinions formed by others and a few articles you may have read over the last few days. I wanted Jackson too, but I am not going to act like I know something I don't. There is a reason they did not call me to ask my opinion. Take tantrums out on this post until naptime if that helps, but I think Shula will be OK.

this^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I think Shula was chosen after it was clear that Shurmur and Jackson were not that great for this situation. Rivera felt Shula earned his shot and is willing to stake his future on him. If he feels that strongly, I am surely going to keep an open mind.

#20 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Folks, Let's face it. You have no real knowledge that Shula will suck, and you have no idea that Jackson would have been awesome. Here is what we do know. Jackson was a riser, got a head coaching gig, that did not work out, so he wound up as an assistant for the Bengals. A lot of OC jobs opened. Was his phone ringing off the hook? No. Wonder why? Tne NFL is a small community. What is it about this guy that diid not get a ton of interviews? (Jets and Panthers). Maybe he wanted too much money, maybe he has a reputation (he does=reported to be an ass), and maybe he and Cam would have locked horns. We know what we have in Shula, and Shula knows Cam and the offense pretty well. Unlke Chud, Shula knows the mental aspects of playing QB. Shula, for all anyone really knows, may have been the best, obvious choice. To get mad as if your home was robbed is to assume that you know more than Gettlemen (who was involved in the process) and Rivera. Shula is going to be fine. You are all just reacting to opinions formed by others and a few articles you may have read over the last few days. I wanted Jackson too, but I am not going to act like I know something I don't. There is a reason they did not call me to ask my opinion. Take tantrums out on this post until naptime if that helps, but I think Shula will be OK.

This pretty much sums it all up. I wanted Norv though... But everything else is spot on

#21 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

this^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I think Shula was chosen after it was clear that Shurmur and Jackson were not that great for this situation. Rivera felt Shula earned his shot and is willing to stake his future on him. If he feels that strongly, I am surely going to keep an open mind.

I think you are right. I think trust and familiarity were factors. I see why Shurmer was not a good fit, but I thought jackson was the guy. I also wonder if Jackson has done something to anger the NFL gods, because he should have been sought by more teams with his resume.

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

You have no real knowledge that Shula will suck,

You are arguing that the past is not a predictor of the future.

ie.. you are making a silly argument only seen as valid to the most blind homers.... which is fine. Just understand that. :)

#23 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

This entire coaching staff needs to have a meeting. Do some team building exercises, trust falls and the like, hold hands and admit that they suck. Vow to not repeat the mistakes of their past and realize that this might be their last chance at NFL employment.

#24 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

If only we had hired Beane, this literally would have been the worst off season possible.

#25 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Rivera should have been fired in the first place, now we will have a shitty offense to match Rivera's shitty coaching skills.

At least he will get fired after he fails this year

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

You are arguing that the past is not a predictor of the future.

ie.. you are making a silly argument only seen as valid to the most blind homers.... which is fine. Just understand that. :)

You are arguing that coaches do not fail in one system and succeed later in another. That too is silly, even for objective fans with perfect vision. This too should be understood. :sword:
I wanted Jackson. I am just praying that they know something we don't and that Shula has learned a few things in 14 years.

#27 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me why Rodgers is here as well

#28 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm sure it has something to do with Continuity

#29 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

That is the move (or lack of one) that I least understand, considering April was on the table. I hope there were logical, strategic reasons for the desire for continuity on special teams. It seems Rivera looks at the last 6 games of each season.

Gettlemen's tune during his press conference did not seem as if he was interested in continuity.

#30 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Yeahh.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com