• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#21 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm not quoting that whole thing. Great post, thanks for the humbling information.

Thank you for being open minded.

#22 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationVancouver, Washington
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I thought this was 2013.... but I could be wrong.

#23 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

:thumbsd: lol and someone has to bring it up.....lol :sleep: (happens every godamn time)

you realize that you are part of the problem....oh i never saw a black tiger....OMG NO where are white panthers :startle: ......dude no one even notices shiit until people like u bring up unecessary stuff that probably going to cause a flame race war on here. :cigar:

at this time of obama being president(which is the most important job) to an arab american owing the jags....i dont hink its as racist as you think it is. yes it still is racism and will always exist :devil: but america has made great strides on that social matter if you could call it that. :thumbsu:

#24 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

"double"

#25 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I hope you guys are watching the Ray Lewis special on ESPN right now. If you dont believe my post, listen to the determination and dedication he felt in order to reach the level he reached in sports.

#26 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I hope you guys are watching the Ray Lewis special on ESPN right now. If you dont believe my post, listen to the determination and dedication he felt in order to reach the level he reached in sports.

I started doing some further research after I read your post. It is still ongoing but still very interesting in regards to what you said. I literally had no idea of the scope of the impact of the social forces at work in regards to this topic. Guess that's a sign of my ignorant upbringing.

#27 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• LocationTexas
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

What does it matter that the hired coaches were all white? How does that make it automatically prejudice?

#28 Goondal

Goondal

The Goon

• LocationSafety Harbor, FL
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

The fact that only white coaches were hired should not be a problem unless one or more of them were chosen over better candidates simply because of their color. If the teams felt that the white coaches gave them the best chance to win and hired a minority simply to support some quota then that would be unfair to the players and fans of the organization whose desire it is to win.

#29 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I started doing some further research after I read your post. It is still ongoing but still very interesting in regards to what you said. I literally had no idea of the scope of the impact of the social forces at work in regards to this topic. Guess that's a sign of my ignorant upbringing.

Im genuinely glad to hear that. IMO a big reason why conversations like this continue to come up is because of the lack of proper perspective applied to history. If we spoke more about these issues and learned from each other we could understand everybody's view point better. The only problem is that the media has so corrupted the opinions of people that it may have to be left up to our children to take that next step because most people are so close-minded.

#30 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

IM not a fan of the rooney rule. I am a fan of hiring the best coaches for the job. Seems silly to force teams to interview people just because they are a minority candidate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users