but oh wait, "M-MUH CONTINUITY".

#47 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm hoping that he has grown as a coach since then. It's been over 10 years and he's still in the NFL so he must be doing something right.

#48 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,642 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I lived in Tampa Bay during his tenure.

Defensive coordinators would laugh about how the bucs had a high school offense and no game planning was needed, just base packages.

I'm not exaggerating. It was god awful.

You have no idea.

God I hope he has learned a few things since then.

Wait, how did you living in Tampa give you access to all the other defensive coordinators around the country and their private game planning schemes for the Tampa offense?!?!?

With that type of access and privileged information you should be the OC ;)

Also, I think it would be important to note that he will not be using the same playbook he was using in Tampa or Alabama for that matter. He will likely be using Chud's. So thankfully it shouldn't be that high school offense this time around.

#49 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Shula is gonna be flipping through Chud's playbook like a Goosebumps book. If you want to run a "double reverse screen turn to page 57", "If you want to run an I formation trap turn to page 699".

Attached File  goosebumps.jpg   147.46KB   7 downloads

#50 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Haha the "choose your own adventure" playbook.

#51 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Why would anyone go back 12 years as an indication of what a person is capable of doing as if he has lived in a cave and learned virtually nothing. Most posters on here were in grade school or high school 13 years ago. Should we base how you will do today or you level of competence back then. Then why go back that far to point to Shula's performance? Just being with Chud should have opened up his eyes quite a bit Here is an article from Yaz suggesting the move was a good idea.

http://espn.go.com/b...l-on-mike-shula

He says that Alabama was coming off NCAA sanctions and it was Dungy that demanded such a conservative offense not Shula. Neither situation was a set up for success like this one. From what I read, much of Cam's improvement and therefore the offensive improvement was due to Shula.

#52 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Why would anyone go back 12 years as an indication of what a person is capable of doing as if he has lived in a cave and learned virtually nothing. Most posters on here were in grade school or high school 13 years ago. Should we base how you will do today or you level of competence back then. Then why go back that far to point to Shula's performance? Just being with Chud should have opened up his eyes quite a bit Here is an article from Yaz suggesting the move was a good idea.

http://espn.go.com/b...l-on-mike-shula

He says that Alabama was coming off NCAA sanctions and it was Dungy that demanded such a conservative offense not Shula. Neither situation was a set up for success like this one. From what I read, much of Cam's improvement and therefore the offensive improvement was due to Shula.

Cam was 9 years old when Shula was fired, how the hell can we trust some 9 year old kid to play QB for us now???

#53 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I lived in Tampa Bay during his tenure.

Defensive coordinators would laugh about how the bucs had a high school offense and no game planning was needed, just base packages.

I'm not exaggerating. It was god awful.

You have no idea.

God I hope he has learned a few things since then.

I lived their at the time as well. To be fair there was not much talent on offense outside of Dunn/Alstott but yes, it was horrible. I remember how I made fun of their offense back in the day. This is one bad case of Karma because a half a dozen Buc friends have already sent me messages laughing at our misfortune.

#54 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

That Tampa Bay squad had as much to do with them sucking as any coaching could have. When you have no QB, you have no offense. We've seen it with Jimmy. Trent Dilfer was awful during his early career. Only later, when as a veteran he learned to manage games, did he ever have even passable ability to lead a team. Brad Johnson came in for crying out loud and took that team to the championship with 4 potential hall of famers on the defensive side of the ball.

Who knows what would have happened had they allowed him to stay on and he won a Super Bowl. He probably would have gotten a head coaching job somewhere. But hey, that isn't how it works.

And people are laughing at the continuity thing being a big deal to Cam, well you're wrong if you think it's not. Having familiar packages for consecutive years is something that Cam hasn't had in his entire career. Going into the start of his third year with familiar terminology on offense, if the structure is kept somewhat the same, is going to be great for him.

And what we all know is this.... if it works then Rivera stays and keeps his staff with him. If he fails, and if he does then Shula will have failed as well, then EVERYBODY is gone. I don't care who Rivera picks to do his offense. Give the man the choice to fall on his own sword with his own guys, that way he can never have excuses. But additionally, on the off chance that retaining Rivera was the right decision, you'll be glad that he made the moves he made.

#55 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

I'm convinced this is all a plan by Gettleman to give him an excuse to fire Rivera and bring in his own coach.

#56 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,035 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Zod is so embarrassingly emo these days that it's hard to take him seriously anymore.

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Zod is so embarrassingly emo these days that it's hard to take him seriously anymore.

Was it the mascara?

and wait, you once took me seriously?

#58 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,688 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

I say we finish in the bottom of the NFL this year. Only good news is Rivera will be fired.

#59 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wait, how did you living in Tampa give you access to all the other defensive coordinators around the country and their private game planning schemes for the Tampa offense?!?!?

There used to be these things called newspapers....they had articles.

#60 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,769 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

13 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com