Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do your best to put a positive spin on Shula's promotion

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Atleast we didn't hire Pat Shurmur.

Posted

His dad was once Perfect.

Posted

Instead of 9 losses, we'll have 10. Then RR gets fired and Gettleman cleans staff and starts over.

Posted

I only lost about 12% of the original price of my PSLs when I sold them a couple months ago....

Coulda been much worse had I waited until these post season moves...

You finally sold them huh?

I'm tempted to sell mine....section 342 35 yard line Panthers side, under overhang...if you have chance msg me, interested where yours where and were did you advertise. Thanks.

Hate to do it, but, I need to consider options if this team is starting all over again in 2014.

Posted

From my understanding Jackson was fired because he was a nut case. He basically came out after the end of the season and said he was taking over the Raiders. His ego was way out of check and it wasn't just in Oakland. There is more than one way to fail as a coach.

Giving up all those draft picks for Carson Palmer....well, that might have had a little to do with it.

Posted

Positive spin, Scott Fowler says it's the right thing to do......

Posted

Maybe I'll be dead before the season starts!

winner

Posted

Nobody else wanted to come here we are lucky shula put his career on the line otherwise ricky and Rivera would have been rolling dice for the plays to pick out of chuds joker playbook.

Posted

The only positive spin I can think of is it gave us something to talk about other than Teo's fictitious dead girlfriend...

1 person likes this

Posted

I might be one of the few who doesn't hate this hire. We'll see. We all hated Chud's read option mania, so this will keep all the things we liked about Chud's play book, but hopefully scale back all the things we hated.

Pound the ball. Pound the ball. Play action.

Beats read option, read option, 19 second developing WR routes with a shitty OLine.

Posted

I might be one of the few who doesn't hate this hire. We'll see. We all hated Chud's read option mania, so this will keep all the things we liked about Chud's play book, but hopefully scale back all the things we hated.

Pound the ball. Pound the ball. Play action.

Beats read option, read option, 19 second developing WR routes with a shitty OLine.

That offense you call "read option, read option, 19 second developing WR routes with a shitty OLine" was top 10 in both 2011 and 2012 according to football outsiders

so anything Shula's coming up with doesn't beat it unless the Panthers offense sustains that production with the Shula hire.

Posted

That offense you call "read option, read option, 19 second developing WR routes with a shitty OLine" was top 10 in both 2011 and 2012 according to football outsiders

so anything Shula's coming up with doesn't beat it unless the Panthers offense sustains that production with the Shula hire.

That is true. I think most folks hope that Shula's offense is half as creative as Chud's was. Scoring points, effective in the redzone, all things Chud's offense was good at doing.