42 replies to this topic

#16 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

That was actually the kind of thing I was really hoping for when I opened the thread. A quick laugh at someone else's foolish views. If you get what I mean.

#17 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I took your post directed at me because of the quote. My mistake.

Where exactly do you stand on the issue? Should those Jeeps that aren't being sold in America have for sure been made in America? Or was it simply that you are saying the democrats lied about this to swing the states mentioned previously?

The second part. thus the truth part in thread title.

Politicians make laws that allow and almost demand that you import to stay in business. The media trashes Romney for using those laws, the glosses over or out and out lies about it when Romney says Jeeps will be made overseas.

Just the lying, but hey, like I mentioned, the Obama left does not care as long as they have power. Lying is no issue for the media either. They are there to fashion public opinion.

#19 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

The second part. thus the truth part in thread title.

Politicians make laws that allow and almost demand that you import to stay in business. The media trashes Romney for using those laws, the glosses over or out and out lies about it when Romney says Jeeps will be made overseas.

Just the lying, but hey, like I mentioned, the Obama left does not care as long as they have power. Lying is no issue for the media either. They are there to fashion public opinion.

Are you asserting this in fact won Obama the election in these states? Or are you just outraged by lying? Perhaps outraged is too strong a word? I would really like to understand your point of view.

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,541 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

wait so this one article, this one collection of words, this one formation of thought in a universe of infinitely more, is the crisp, concise summation of "liberal facts"

it sure must be easy for you to make decisions stirs

#21 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

politifact, snopes, factcheck.org, etc. =fuging LIBERAL LIES

the weekly standard blog, drudge, foxnews, etc. =the real facts

what it must be like to live in that fantasy.

#22 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

hilarious

#23 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

politifact, snopes, factcheck.org, etc. =fuging LIBERAL LIES

the weekly standard blog, drudge, foxnews, etc. =the real facts

what it must be like to live in that fantasy.

i once saw a literally insane former tinderbox regular argue that drudge is centrist

e: whoops my mistake he actually argued that drudge leans to the left

#24 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

It is an illustration in hypocrisy.

Every media outlet slammed Romney for making such and outlandish, false statement. But, when it turns out to be true from a REUTERS story, not exactly a conserveative bastion of information, then all US media outlets are silent. It does not fit their agenda. Propping up their man is the agenda, therefore, they will report only what flatters their guy.

Fox has some guys like Hannity that are very conserveative, some like O'Reilly who are right leaning. They do however offer others who try to bring left and right guests on the program for debates. Drudge is totally right.

I just like to point out from time to time the hypocrisy to the Cantrells and Shaka Zulus of the world.
And the always well spoken Gazi. They live and die with all things liberal, so poking the hornet nest occasionally with a story like this is warranted.

As for you KRAL, not sure what you are looking for, but yeah, I hate lies and most politicians.

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

We get it. Romney didn't lie. He simply embellished the truth till it wasn't recognizable and tried to create a controversy where there was none.

Like, you know, you're trying to do with this thread.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Still, saying Jeeps will be made abroad is true, whether "embellished" or not

The opposite is a lie.

Still, to you and others, the lie is more acceptable.

#27 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

The only lie here is that you're acusing fact-checkers of saying they're not gonna build Chinese Jeeps.

Read your articles instead of just dumping links from drudge and defending them blindly.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,541 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

stirs I do my damnedest to keep an open mind about the stuff you post because confirmation biases can creep up on even people who try to look out for them, but when you insist on saying stuff like "you guys live and die with all things liberal" it demonstrates an insistence on lazy political ideological stratification and a tacit refusal to acknowledge the nuanced nature of those ideologies necessary to understand before opening dialogue. please, step away from the glen beck and drudge stuff and find out for yourself what things mean. do not rely on bombastic ideologues with an axe to grind to feed you your paradigms. it's really dangerous and as someone who once posted on forums exactly as you do i can assure you it's a source of personal embarrassment in hindsight.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

The word "fact" takes on an entirely new meaning when used on a political message board forum. :)

#30 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

stirs I do my damnedest to keep an open mind about the stuff you post because confirmation biases can creep up on even people who try to look out for them, but when you insist on saying stuff like "you guys live and die with all things liberal" it demonstrates an insistence on lazy political ideological stratification and a tacit refusal to acknowledge the nuanced nature of those ideologies necessary to understand before opening dialogue. please, step away from the glen beck and drudge stuff and find out for yourself what things mean. do not rely on bombastic ideologues with an axe to grind to feed you your paradigms. it's really dangerous and as someone who once posted on forums exactly as you do i can assure you it's a source of personal embarrassment in hindsight.

You and your flaunted vocabulary do nothing by prove my point. You do not keep an open mind but post these rebuttals primarily at the folks with right leanings.

Your mind is typically open to your side of things which I understand and why I comment. You lean left, I lean right. I know that is not terribly wordy, but is the bottom line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com