Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Liberal Facts vs Real Facts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

We get it. Romney didn't lie. He simply embellished the truth till it wasn't recognizable and tried to create a controversy where there was none.

Like, you know, you're trying to do with this thread.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Still, saying Jeeps will be made abroad is true, whether "embellished" or not

The opposite is a lie.

Still, to you and others, the lie is more acceptable.

#27 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

The only lie here is that you're acusing fact-checkers of saying they're not gonna build Chinese Jeeps.

Read your articles instead of just dumping links from drudge and defending them blindly.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

stirs I do my damnedest to keep an open mind about the stuff you post because confirmation biases can creep up on even people who try to look out for them, but when you insist on saying stuff like "you guys live and die with all things liberal" it demonstrates an insistence on lazy political ideological stratification and a tacit refusal to acknowledge the nuanced nature of those ideologies necessary to understand before opening dialogue. please, step away from the glen beck and drudge stuff and find out for yourself what things mean. do not rely on bombastic ideologues with an axe to grind to feed you your paradigms. it's really dangerous and as someone who once posted on forums exactly as you do i can assure you it's a source of personal embarrassment in hindsight.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

The word "fact" takes on an entirely new meaning when used on a political message board forum. :)

#30 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

stirs I do my damnedest to keep an open mind about the stuff you post because confirmation biases can creep up on even people who try to look out for them, but when you insist on saying stuff like "you guys live and die with all things liberal" it demonstrates an insistence on lazy political ideological stratification and a tacit refusal to acknowledge the nuanced nature of those ideologies necessary to understand before opening dialogue. please, step away from the glen beck and drudge stuff and find out for yourself what things mean. do not rely on bombastic ideologues with an axe to grind to feed you your paradigms. it's really dangerous and as someone who once posted on forums exactly as you do i can assure you it's a source of personal embarrassment in hindsight.

You and your flaunted vocabulary do nothing by prove my point. You do not keep an open mind but post these rebuttals primarily at the folks with right leanings.

Your mind is typically open to your side of things which I understand and why I comment. You lean left, I lean right. I know that is not terribly wordy, but is the bottom line.

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

You and your flaunted vocabulary do nothing by prove my point. You do not keep an open mind but post these rebuttals primarily at the folks with right leanings.

Your mind is typically open to your side of things which I understand and why I comment. You lean left, I lean right. I know that is not terribly wordy, but is the bottom line.

i seldom attack the validity of "right-leaning" philosophy, only brainless arguments used to support them. the problem is your methodology, and that is what i disagree with.

and stop throwing in comments about my vocabulary to paint yourself as a down-to-earth everyman, it's unnecessarily cloying and doesn't help you at all

#32 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

also you have no earthly idea whether or not i actually keep an open mind, but because me keeping my mind closed AND being a liberal helps neatly compact me into your narrow structural paradigm, you insist that i am both when i am neither.

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

lastly if any single word i've posted in this thread is grounds for having a "flaunted" vocabulary i suggest you cease posting until you finish your GED because 1) articulation isn't something to begrudge and 2) anyone who reads beyond drudgereport and the weekly standard (which you probably don't) isn't remotely impressed by these "flaunted" words because they're commonplace as fug

/ad hominem

#34 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

there's a difference between being articulate and grandiloquence

#35 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

here's some fun screen captures from one of the websites that assists in forming stirs' one-dimensional paradigms

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

also you have no earthly idea whether or not i actually keep an open mind, but because me keeping my mind closed AND being a liberal helps neatly compact me into your narrow structural paradigm, you insist that i am both when i am neither.

Okay, so you are open minded. Then I suppose it only coincidence that your pontifications always vilify the right leaners and defend the left. Again, you are not the open minded, free thinker you fancy yourself. Your posts prove it.