42 replies to this topic

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

You and your flaunted vocabulary do nothing by prove my point. You do not keep an open mind but post these rebuttals primarily at the folks with right leanings.

Your mind is typically open to your side of things which I understand and why I comment. You lean left, I lean right. I know that is not terribly wordy, but is the bottom line.

i seldom attack the validity of "right-leaning" philosophy, only brainless arguments used to support them. the problem is your methodology, and that is what i disagree with.

and stop throwing in comments about my vocabulary to paint yourself as a down-to-earth everyman, it's unnecessarily cloying and doesn't help you at all

#32 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

also you have no earthly idea whether or not i actually keep an open mind, but because me keeping my mind closed AND being a liberal helps neatly compact me into your narrow structural paradigm, you insist that i am both when i am neither.

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

lastly if any single word i've posted in this thread is grounds for having a "flaunted" vocabulary i suggest you cease posting until you finish your GED because 1) articulation isn't something to begrudge and 2) anyone who reads beyond drudgereport and the weekly standard (which you probably don't) isn't remotely impressed by these "flaunted" words because they're commonplace as fug

/ad hominem

#34 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

there's a difference between being articulate and grandiloquence

#35 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

here's some fun screen captures from one of the websites that assists in forming stirs' one-dimensional paradigms

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

also you have no earthly idea whether or not i actually keep an open mind, but because me keeping my mind closed AND being a liberal helps neatly compact me into your narrow structural paradigm, you insist that i am both when i am neither.

Okay, so you are open minded. Then I suppose it only coincidence that your pontifications always vilify the right leaners and defend the left. Again, you are not the open minded, free thinker you fancy yourself. Your posts prove it.

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Okay, so you are open minded. Then I suppose it only coincidence that your pontifications always vilify the right leaners and defend the left. Again, you are not the open minded, free thinker you fancy yourself. Your posts prove it.

lol i used to be a radical conservative up until within five years ago. how does one make such a radical shift to "the left" without being open-minded and free-thinking? and what issues would you say i'm liberal on? I'm interested to hear this

#38 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

You opened the door to one room, exited, went into another, closed the door behind you. Now you throw rocks at everyone occupying the other room. You find a post where you land in the middle or on the right. I dare say most of your thoughts now reflect your total departure from your past, not the wrestling with thoughts, empathy or anything else. Just running from your radical background. I think your background is filled with knee jerk radical righties from some of your earlier posts. Not all on the right are in that camp.

#39 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

You opened the door to one room, exited, went into another, closed the door behind you. Now you throw rocks at everyone occupying the other room. You find a post where you land in the middle or on the right. I dare say most of your thoughts now reflect your total departure from your past, not the wrestling with thoughts, empathy or anything else. Just running from your radical background. I think your background is filled with knee jerk radical righties from some of your earlier posts. Not all on the right are in that camp.

well isn't that tidy, I didn't know the nature of ideology was such that you can walk from one room to the next and shut the door. also it's good to know you know more about my internal conflicts than i do... all this time i thought i'd been laboriously pondering the nature of things and seeking answers, but i guess that was just a figment of my imagination. thank you mr stirs

#40 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Who knows what you ponder, but what comes out in your threads/posts put you firmly in the camp of the left with a chip on your shoulder against those in the other camp. Hope you are pondering laboriously.

Everyone would benefit.

#41 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Who knows what you ponder, but what comes out in your threads/posts put you firmly in the camp of the left with a chip on your shoulder against those in the other camp. Hope you are pondering laboriously.

Everyone would benefit.

could you provide some examples?

#42 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

anyone with ambiguous political leanings is automatically liberal. see: the title of the thread and so on.

there's no point in arguing with someone that far gone.

#43 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,204 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

"I think flowers look nice"

"WELL AREN'T YOU JUST THE LITTLE GAY, ELITIST, WEALTH DISTRIBUTING LIBERAL"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com