#63 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I waited days since the OC announcement to get on the Huddle just because of all the negativity and one word explosions that I knew there would be. I didn't want to plow past that bs. Thanks for the more-positive-than-usual thread.

I will always believe that promoting from within is a good thing anywhere. I have no problem with the Panthers doing it now with the who they did promote. And bringing Skipper back would be awesome.

Did I think Chud was a genius? No, but darn close to it. He was an OC bringing a whole new paradigm to the game. I'm hoping Shula saw it and can put his own twist on things. Because with an athlete like Cam as QB, the paradigm has to change, which is an entire discussion unto itself.

#64 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I just think Gettlemen is giving everyone in the organization a chance to prove themselves in the first year. Thats why he isnt planning on firing alot of people in the main office. If next year turns out like this year without the wins against weak teams at the end then Gettlemen will make groundbreaking adjustments. this just allows him to not come in a be viewed as a emperor. he is being fair and giving everyone a placement test, you pass you stay you screw up your gone

#65 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

IMO, Rivera knows what he wants out of the O. Shula must have convinced him he can get the job done. I am sure that between Rivera and Gettlemen, they have names and numbers. So if they didn't believe Shula could get the job done, they could probably find someone they both could agree to bring in.

I just happen to believe Shula got the job because the powers that be believe he can do the job.

Past failures do not predicate future failures. People do learn from there past experiences. Just maybe Shula is ready for this challenge.

#66 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I just think Gettlemen is giving everyone in the organization a chance to prove themselves in the first year. Thats why he isnt planning on firing alot of people in the main office. If next year turns out like this year without the wins against weak teams at the end then Gettlemen will make groundbreaking adjustments. this just allows him to not come in a be viewed as a emperor. he is being fair and giving everyone a placement test, you pass you stay you screw up your gone

This appears like a plausible scenario. Cause, let's be honest. He may be "Pro Personell" guy, but he'll never know this team as well as the Panthers brass, or even we do, just walking in.

So I'm sure he'll look at film, to get himself up to speed. Then he'll deal with the draft and free agency; judge every body based off that and the upcoming season; then make his recommendations, moves, decrees, restructuring or decapitations from there (providing him and Jerry, and their arrangement are on the up and up).

We'll see?

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,962 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Stop making threads

What's your problem? He made a perfectly good thread with a lot of great points. Be a cry baby and go cut your wrists in your bathroom if you want to be a negative nancy for no fuging reason.

#68 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Huddlers in this instance are eager for change because it's the off season and everyone knows it's gonna be boring as hell. But they were sound hires. Especially the Shula hire, that is, if we hope to win any games in the beginning of the season next year. A lot of people on here want to be in a state of constant rebuilding.....and I'll be first to admit....I wanted Rivera gone after the first half of the year. He earned one more chance, and I'm gonna go with it and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.