Photo
- - - - -

Which team does Cam go to after he forces his way out of this shitfest?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Rivera signed a 4 year deal, this is his 3rd. Knowing JR, he probably stay his 4th regardless. Lets not pay somebody who's no longer coaching here, OHH GODDDD

Dom Capers and George Seifert beg to differ.

Unless Rivera is due to make 6 million dollars next season the way Fox was it isn't a great comparison.

And BTW, Fox won some meaningless games... he also won some meaningful games that gave him equity. Including a Super Bowl appearance in his second season and a NFC championship game in his 4th.

#42 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

New England.

#43 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Floppin, I dig 99.9% of your posts. But these hires were the easy way out. The organization sees the all star games coming up and the draft after that, this hire and the promotions caused the least amount of ripples. 2013 is an audition year for the coaches and scouts and no coach worth his salt would come into this current Panther situation.

#44 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn yo moma
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

I think he's in between a rock and a hard place. He's had to choose a shitty candidate because he knows that he has to win games. He chose keeping the same system in place and putting trust in Shula to not fug it up, in hopes that he can win games. Versus, bringing in a completely new offensive system (albeit run in the same general scheme) run by a completely new OC that has never worked with the team, knowing that he HAS TO WIN games right off the bat in order to keep his job long term. Which would you choose? It's not as easy as you might think.

I was supporting rr until you said you this. Can you say Mike Smith and the Falcon home field advantage in the NFC championship with the help of a first year oc?

#45 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

You're not getting the point. He's getting paid either way. Rivera's motivation is to win games, not to protect his job from a hypothetical coaching coup midway through the year. HE"S MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY EITHER WAY.

Fired as a HC is not a good thing. If Rivera is fired as HC, what's the odds he'll be a HC somewhere else? I bet that money won't be the same being a coordinator again

#46 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Dom Capers and George Seifert beg to differ.

Unless Rivera is due to make 6 million dollars next season the way Fox was it isn't a great comparison.

And BTW, Fox won some meaningless games... he also won some meaningful games that gave him equity. Including a Super Bowl appearance in his second season and a NFC championship game in his 4th.

Different JR and you know it

Fox wasn't fired cause he didn't want to pay him out. Hurney wasn't even under contract

#47 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

I think he's in between a rock and a hard place. He's had to choose a shitty candidate because he knows that he has to win games. He chose keeping the same system in place and putting trust in Shula to not fug it up, in hopes that he can win games. Versus, bringing in a completely new offensive system (albeit run in the same general scheme) run by a completely new OC that has never worked with the team, knowing that he HAS TO WIN games right off the bat in order to keep his job long term. Which would you choose? It's not as easy as you might think.

Ok. I'm pissed off, disappointed, tired, and being a dickhead and I'm sorry.

I agree he's in a bad spot. I disagree that JR/Gettleman wouldn't replace him mid-season should there be someone experienced on staff. I think Rivera chose the coaches he did only partly based on continuity and more on buying himself a full season of coaching. Skipper gives him a very safe "assistant HC" because nobody in their right mind is going to promote him to HC.

#48 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Fired as a HC is not a good thing. If Rivera is fired as HC, what's the odds he'll be a HC somewhere else? I bet that money won't be the same being a coordinator again

I was talking about his current contract. Either way you're still not getting it.

#49 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I was talking about his current contract. Either way you're still not getting it.

I understand, I just don't see it that way. I don't think its about the money, rather than him being a head coach in the national football league

Look at his track record. 2 years and honestly after this year it should have continued that way

#50 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Floppin, I dig 99.9% of your posts. But these hires were the easy way out. The organization sees the all star games coming up and the draft after that, this hire and the promotions caused the least amount of ripples. 2013 is an audition year for the coaches and scouts and no coach worth his salt would come into this current Panther situation.

Well you would be right except for the fact that it was reported, after Sula was promoted, that both Hue and Shurmur wanted the job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users