Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assassination attempt on Turkish politician

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmootsDaddy89' timestamp='1358649757' post='2105454']
Anyone have a motive yet?
[/quote]

You brought thoughtful insight on a thread like usual.

Posted · Report post

He's a man supporting an ethnic minority in a fairly unaccepting country, so that certainly is a possibility.

Knowing as little as we do about Bulgarian politics, who knows.

Posted · Report post

FYI, he is actually a Bulgarian politician of Turkish descent. And from what I read, the pistol was a gas gun, supposedly non lethal. If that is indeed the case, does it mean the shooter wasn't really trying to kill, but just trying to make a point, like Squeaky Fromm with Gerald Ford?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='YourMomsLover' timestamp='1358649967' post='2105459']
You brought thoughtful insight on a thread like usual.
[/quote]
Sorry.

ahem

FALSE FLAG.

THAT'S ACTUALLY A KNIFE THAT LOOKS LIKE A GUN SO PEOPLE WILL STAY FOCUSED ON GUN CONTROL. THATS WHY IT DIDNT GO OFF.

Okay I think I got it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmootsDaddy89' timestamp='1358651015' post='2105486']

Sorry.

ahem

FALSE FLAG.

THAT'S ACTUALLY A KNIFE THAT LOOKS LIKE A GUN SO PEOPLE WILL STAY FOCUSED ON GUN CONTROL. THATS WHY IT DIDNT GO OFF.

This guy. More like Smootsmentor.

Okay I think I got it.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmootsDaddy89' timestamp='1358651015' post='2105486']
Sorry.

ahem

FALSE FLAG.

[b]THAT'S ACTUALLY A KNIFE THAT LOOKS LIKE A GUN SO PEOPLE WILL STAY FOCUSED ON GUN CONTROL. THATS WHY IT DIDNT GO OFF.[/b]

Okay I think I got it.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hHLH8LBDq8lElmmdnx1ihuUNK-Ng?docId=84e73405bcf74cc7bdb3e56c219a906f"]Close, it was a gas gun[/url]. Basically a souped up version of a airsoft gun. He probably would have done better with a knife. :)

[quote]
SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) — Bulgarian police detained a man after he pointed a [b]gas pistol [/b]at an ethnic Turkish party leader as he was delivering a speech at a party caucus in the capital Saturday. No shots were fired.
The video from the Saturday event in Sofia shows the man climbing the podium where Ahmed Dogan, the leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, was speaking, and pointing the gun to his face.[/quote]