Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What record would keep Rivera here after next season?

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Jr wants a ring so what dont you guys understand?

Posted

JR does want a superbowl ring, but he just doesn't want(open hi wallet) to do what it takes.

As for what record it would take for RR to keep his job, it doesn't matter 0-16, 19-0.

He will be back. My train of thought is the GM didn't keep RR... JR did. Mix that with how loyal

he is to his GMs(Hurney), Coaches(fox), and players(Delhomme and others). with this logic

RR will get a 3yr extention after next season.

We are TOTALLY FUUUUUGGGGGDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Posted

10-6 or playoffs.

Posted

10 - 6 or playoffs

Posted

JR does want a superbowl ring, but he just doesn't want(open hi wallet) to do what it takes.

As for what record it would take for RR to keep his job, it doesn't matter 0-16, 19-0.

He will be back. My train of thought is the GM didn't keep RR... JR did. Mix that with how loyal

he is to his GMs(Hurney), Coaches(fox), and players(Delhomme and others). with this logic

RR will get a 3yr extention after next season.

We are TOTALLY FUUUUUGGGGGDDDDDD!!!!!!!

I agree with everything except for the extension. I do believe that he will be here for all 4 years regardless of record. If he REALLY wanted a championship before he dies, this BILLIONAIRE wouldnt be throwing away season year after year to avoid firing and still paying staff that is not getting the job done. At his age you think he'd be firing ppl every 2 years untill he found the right guy to get him to the promise land. JR is gonna be D-E-A-D, he acts like he can take his money with him across the River Styx... lol!

Posted

Playoffs or bust

Posted

I think RR has until the end of his contract to make the playoffs. 2014 is the make or break season for both Cam and RR, but mostly RR.

Posted

Noticeable improvement. This is JR we're talking about.

I think 9-7, playoffs or not, would be enough to keep Rivera. I see us ending up around the 6-8 win range yet again though.

Posted

10-6 AND playoffs at minimum. 9-7 squeaking into the playoffs just to go 1 and done is not good enough. The only loophole in my opinion is if we go 9-7 and at least make it to the NFC championship game. Then I'd give him the last year on his contract to continue the progress in order to get a new contract.

Posted

Can the GM fire RR without JRs blessing?

Posted

This is carolina. 8-8 and he is fine, 7-9 he might get fired, 6-10 he is gone.

Posted

I would say 9-7. I think a winning season will do it but if the year after that we don't make the playoffs then he will be gone