#1 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Barely had their internet for a week. Suddenly I see a bill for more than double what my normal bill should be. Turns out, I was charged an installation fee and was never advised on it.

The kicker: it had a due date of this coming Tuesday. I got no paper copy of my bill nor did I get electronic notification.

Safe to say, I'm not happy right now.

#2 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

People hate on Time Warner but many of them live in the city, I live out in the sticks right now and can't get it, there are far worse things then TW my provider is a great example, I'm playing twice what I paid in Charlotte for TW and get maybe 1/10 the service but its the only option in town so I have to deal with it.

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,282 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I haven't had any issue with time warner. I always get email and regular mail notifications. There's always an installation fee. I had questions about my bill one time and they answered all of them online. However, I would like to get Verizon Fios if it becomes available in my area. Or Century link prism due to money reasons. I don't want satellite due to bad service when there is bad weather. Plus direct keeps deleting channels. Anyway, seems like a phone call is in order. If they can see that they didn't send any notifications, they should be able to work something out.

#4 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,639 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Time Warner is the Nazi empire of cable companies. Willfully and gleefully punishing those with no other alternatives.

#5 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Verizon FiOS > all.

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Google Fiber >>>>>>> everything ever.

Can't wait for them to start rolling it out.

#7 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

They were able to knock most of the install fee off when I called them. Think I scared the poor guy I talked (yelled) to.

#8 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I gripe about TWC from time to time, but they have gotten a lot better.

We do the "promotional" rates now, in which we lock in a rate for a certain period of time. Then we call them and ask for the next promotion, and I basically tell them each time I want to pay less than I was paying somehow, and they comply.

We went from paying around $138 a month two years ago to about $128 now, and that has included 6 months of free premium channels, NFL Network now, and upthrottled internet speeds. We have 2 DVRs and RoadRunner.

#9 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Also, once you've been with them a while, they'd rather keep you as a customer than lose you. I added HBO for 2.5 months to watch Game of Thrones season 2 live for $15.99 a month. When I called to cancel it, they offered to let me keep it for $7 a month. I declined, but I'll keep that in mind when I order it again at the end of March for season 3. (I'll ask for it for cheaper than the $15.99 to begin with.)

#10 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

We recently switched from att dsl to twc super high speed gaming cable blah blah blah. It was a total cluster fug. Had to call twc no less than 7 times to get the bill correct. Wish we could get the google fiber.

#11 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,941 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

I hate all cable providers equally.

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

MI-Connection is a financial disaster for Davidson/Mooresville/Cornelius but their service is top notch. AND we get the NFL channel although I hear TWC finally added it.

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,152 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

twc has a stronghold on charlotte. only a handful of people i know have uverse and i wonder whatever happened to fios.

i love roadrunner, but if i could do something dif for tv that would be cool.

we may just buy a smart tv soon, cut cable, stream movies thru hulu and netflix. the only trick would be sports.

#14 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,940 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I gripe about TWC from time to time, but they have gotten a lot better.

We do the "promotional" rates now, in which we lock in a rate for a certain period of time. Then we call them and ask for the next promotion, and I basically tell them each time I want to pay less than I was paying somehow, and they comply.

We went from paying around $138 a month two years ago to about $128 now, and that has included 6 months of free premium channels, NFL Network now, and upthrottled internet speeds. We have 2 DVRs and RoadRunner.

Same here... I've had issues with them every once in a while but overall I haven't had a bad experience with them... yet.

I went to their store in the mall about 3 months ago and threatened to switch to DireTV and they gave me the "new customer" deal.

Also have TWC business class phones and fiber internet service at my office, have for over 5 years and have zero complaints.

#15 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

twc has a stronghold on charlotte. only a handful of people i know have uverse and i wonder whatever happened to fios.

i love roadrunner, but if i could do something dif for tv that would be cool.

we may just buy a smart tv soon, cut cable, stream movies thru hulu and netflix. the only trick would be sports.

We ditched satellite and use Netflix and all the other apps on xbox. Most major sporting events come on the networks so an antenna works fine. I do miss espn and nflnetwork. Just got a roku for my sons and they enjoy it. Nowhere TV is a private channel and has tons of content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com