• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Barely had their internet for a week. Suddenly I see a bill for more than double what my normal bill should be. Turns out, I was charged an installation fee and was never advised on it.

The kicker: it had a due date of this coming Tuesday. I got no paper copy of my bill nor did I get electronic notification.

Safe to say, I'm not happy right now.

#2 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

People hate on Time Warner but many of them live in the city, I live out in the sticks right now and can't get it, there are far worse things then TW my provider is a great example, I'm playing twice what I paid in Charlotte for TW and get maybe 1/10 the service but its the only option in town so I have to deal with it.

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I haven't had any issue with time warner. I always get email and regular mail notifications. There's always an installation fee. I had questions about my bill one time and they answered all of them online. However, I would like to get Verizon Fios if it becomes available in my area. Or Century link prism due to money reasons. I don't want satellite due to bad service when there is bad weather. Plus direct keeps deleting channels. Anyway, seems like a phone call is in order. If they can see that they didn't send any notifications, they should be able to work something out.

#4 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• LocationGreensboro, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Time Warner is the Nazi empire of cable companies. Willfully and gleefully punishing those with no other alternatives.

#5 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Verizon FiOS > all.

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Google Fiber >>>>>>> everything ever.

Can't wait for them to start rolling it out.

#7 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

They were able to knock most of the install fee off when I called them. Think I scared the poor guy I talked (yelled) to.

#8 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I gripe about TWC from time to time, but they have gotten a lot better.

We do the "promotional" rates now, in which we lock in a rate for a certain period of time. Then we call them and ask for the next promotion, and I basically tell them each time I want to pay less than I was paying somehow, and they comply.

We went from paying around $138 a month two years ago to about $128 now, and that has included 6 months of free premium channels, NFL Network now, and upthrottled internet speeds. We have 2 DVRs and RoadRunner.

#9 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Also, once you've been with them a while, they'd rather keep you as a customer than lose you. I added HBO for 2.5 months to watch Game of Thrones season 2 live for $15.99 a month. When I called to cancel it, they offered to let me keep it for $7 a month. I declined, but I'll keep that in mind when I order it again at the end of March for season 3. (I'll ask for it for cheaper than the $15.99 to begin with.)

#10 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

We recently switched from att dsl to twc super high speed gaming cable blah blah blah. It was a total cluster fug. Had to call twc no less than 7 times to get the bill correct. Wish we could get the google fiber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users