Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One step forward, two steps back. The story of the Carolina Panthers.

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Agree with everything except that promoting Shula and Rodgers is a step back.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='teeray' timestamp='1358659615' post='2105617']

The Giants game is always an interesting game for me to look back on. We struggled offensively, there is no doubt about that, however, it also gets overlooked that we had exactly zero three and outs that game, and moved the ball quite well. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot with turnovers and untimely penalties.

It was just a weird game.

The actual game that I thought the read option plays were completely blown up was the first Tampa game.
[/quote]

There was also the fact that our defense was getting wrecked as well, turning Ramses Barden and. . .I can't even remember the other guy's name, lol, into one-game megastars. In retrospect I think it's obvious that the whole team was tight and flat for their "moment in the spotlight."

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KillerKat' timestamp='1358659694' post='2105618']
Agree with everything except that promoting Shula and Rodgers is a step back.
[/quote]

Totally forgot about Rodgers staying at ST. You're right, that's a step backwards.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1358660129' post='2105630']

Totally forgot about Rodgers staying at ST. You're right, that's a step backwards.
[/quote]

Our special teams went from abysmal to decent once Rodgers took over. Getting Dave Toub or April would have been stellar, but I'm not unhappy he's the guy.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1358660262' post='2105631']
Our special teams went from abysmal to decent once Rodgers took over. Getting Dave Toub or April would have been stellar, but I'm not unhappy he's the guy.
[/quote]

As true as that is, going for a trick play on 4th and whatever was stupid. Really really stupid. That play sticks in my mind and makes me cringe. I don't see it as a lateral move like Shula, Rodgers is horrible to me. Toub and April would have been amazing.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1358661110' post='2105634']

As true as that is, going for a trick play on 4th and whatever was stupid. Really really stupid. That play sticks in my mind and makes me cringe. I don't see it as a lateral move like Shula, Rodgers is horrible to me. Toub and April would have been amazing.
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, Nakamura was supposed to read the defense and call off the play if it wasn't in a position to work. But trusting dear old Haruki with that probably wasn't a bright idea either.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1358661253' post='2105638']
If I remember correctly, Nakamura was supposed to read the defense and call off the play if it wasn't in a position to work. But trusting dear old Haruki with that probably wasn't a bright idea either.
[/quote]

Ah yes. The oblivious samurai... again falls back to Talent..

One thing I forgot to mention was the promotion of Ricky Proehl. That's a good step.

Posted · Report post

1 step forward: Gettleman
2 steps back: Shula and our ST coach

Yup, fits.

Posted · Report post

Though I'd say Skipper and Proehl count as baby steps forward too.

Posted · Report post

Solid post Ivan, promoted to article.

TLDR idiot comments deleted.

This joint needs more quality threads like this one.

Posted · Report post

Great article I did read and agree whole heartedly

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1358646779' post='2105384']

Too Long; Didn't Read.

I put a 'TL;DR' explanation if you thought it was too long to read. 'Patience'. Apparently that's too long to read too.
[/quote]

Thanks,

ps......I did read, nice post.