32 replies to this topic

#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Most of the draftniks have us getting a WR. I know they've been doing this for the past 5 years. Only one has us taking a DT, which I believe it should be the pick. That D line needs to get younger Ron is 33 pushing 34 when the season starts again. No knock on Ron, he's great but he's not a starter anymore. He's the 3rd down guy or 2nd down guy to come in and give the young buck a breather now. Just to be consistent in the line.

Any of the DT's in this years draft are suitable candidates. Our position in this draft is good for a DT.

#2 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

It wouldn't hurt to just grab the BPA between WR/DT/OL whoever they have rated as the highest.

We should be able to grab a stellar player at either of those positions at our current draft spot.

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

We are going to go OLINE. With all the hints Gettleman and Rivera have been dropping, they have to have protecting Cam at the top of their minds and it just seems like they are wanting to to draft a great offensive lineman.

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Most of the draftniks have us getting a WR. I know they've been doing this for the past 5 years. Only one has us taking a DT, which I believe it should be the pick. That D line needs to get younger Ron is 33 pushing 34 when the season starts again. No knock on Ron, he's great but he's not a starter anymore. He's the 3rd down guy or 2nd down guy to come in and give the young buck a breather now. Just to be consistent in the line.

Any of the DT's in this years draft are suitable candidates. Our position in this draft is good for a DT.

How many of those DT's play the nose or 1-tech?

That's where we have the need.

#5 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

How many of those DT's play the nose or 1-tech?

That's where we have the need.

Hankins from Ohio State does. Actually I think he plays all the techs if I'm not mistaken. The kid from Mizzou, Richardson, is more of an UT not a NT.

Star is out of our reach but he'd be another. There's Jenkins from Georgia. he's another good NT. I think he may rise up there too. We have options at the NT position.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,197 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

the pick will more than likely be on offense, but make no mistake, it will be BPA between several areas of need. that just happens to be just WR and OL so it's pretty much a toss up between the two, tho i wouldn't be shocked to see us go NT, UT, CB, or S either.

i wouldn't put much stock into "hints" that you may have heard dropped from gettleman and rivera (i think there wasn't any dropped at all, tbh) because gettleman hadnt even looked at the roster and i doubt hes done much in the way of looking closely enough at draft prospects or potential FAs to know who can fit what we do.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Hankins plays all over the line, but is a space eater with a bunch of concerns. Jenkins from Georgia is another NT prospect. We need someone to be a force in the run game and let our linebackers run free

#8 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Jesse 'crocodile dundee' Williams, NT, Bama.

#9 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Gotta go with BPA in positions of need

My realistic big board looks like this

1. Jesse Williams
2. Chance Warmack
3. Cordarrelle Patterson
4. Eric Fisher
5. Sharrif Floyd

#10 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'd be just fine with the BPA out of DT, WR, OL, and DB.

#11 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'd be just fine with the BPA out of DT, WR, OL, and DB.

I'd rather wait for a DB till the later rounds... I'd take Xavier Rhodes in the second if there wasn't any top O-Line or D-Linemen there.

#12 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'd rather wait for a DB till the later rounds... I'd take Xavier Rhodes in the second if there wasn't any top O-Line or D-Linemen there.

A lot of rising and falling to be done by prospects between now and draft day. I'd prefer WR, DT, or OL in the 1st, but if a DB is the clear BPA, then I say take him.

#13 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

lol @ Bucky Brooks mock.

#14 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

A lot of rising and falling to be done by prospects between now and draft day. I'd prefer WR, DT, or OL in the 1st, but if a DB is the clear BPA, then I say take him.

Well said.. agreed

#15 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I dont care what position we shoot for. BPA is a must since we are gonna lose some key players during the restructure. Personally I dont expect us to be very good next season after we get rid of some starters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com