#1 CamNewton316

CamNewton316

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

http://www.newsobser...ike-shulas.html

Quarterback Cam Newton was not present for the interviews. But making a seamless transition following the abrupt departure of former coordinator Rob Chudzinski was seen as critical by the Panthers’ decision-makers, particularly where Newton is concerned. Shula, 47, might not run a system that is identical to Chudzinski’s. But Panthers fullback Mike Tolbert and former Tampa Bay quarterback Shaun King, who played under Shula in his last offensive coordinator position with the Buccaneers, figure it to bear a striking resemblance. “I like it. I like it a lot, actually,” Tolbert said of Shula’s new role. “I think it’s good for us as an offense. Shula is a good coach. He’s done it before. And it’s big for Cam not having to start new, start over. It’s a good transition for Cam. “Shula knows what he’s doing,” King said. “His communication with Cam is going to be very important, and that’s where he excels. It’s about exuding confid

#2 CamNewton316

CamNewton316

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

cont confidence when it comes to interacting with your quarterback.

“He’s so easy-going emotionally. He’s not a guy who’s going to cuss you out on the sideline. He’s going to keep you focused on things that matter and winning a football game.” But King said the offense’s struggles weren’t all Shula’s fault. Tampa Bay’s team was built around the defense, with big salaries to guys like John Lynch and Derrick Brooks while the running backs were still on their rookie deals, play-making wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson had yet to come to the team and starting quarterback Trent Dilfer was often inconsistent.

“He didn’t have Pro Bowlers across the board to put them in positions to win,” King said. “Trent really struggled early in his career. He had been criticized mightily by the home fan base in Tampa. He wasn’t in a position to be a leader per se. There was still some of that, ‘We don’t fully believe in Trent,’ and that’s hard for a coordinator.”

Despite his own struggles in his rookie season, King—who stepped in

#3 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,574 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yeah bit the fans don't like it, which should always be the number one concern of the decision makers, not the players or the head coach.

/sarcasm

#4 CamNewton316

CamNewton316

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

cont again Now an analyst for NBC Sports, King watched every game from the Panthers’ 2012 season and believes with Shula as the offensive coordinator, Newton and the rest of the offense will flourish.

“I think the offense should be based off power running game, the passing attack should be play-action based and sprinkle in some zone-read stuff,” King said. “That’s the personnel they have with three legitimate running backs, a sturdy quarterback, a good tight end in (Greg) Olsen and a legitimate wide receiver in Steve Smith.

“I think he’ll do better utilizing other role players like (Joe) Adams. He’ll find a way to get guys like that the ball.”Chudzinski, hired as the Browns’ coach after the Panthers finished seventh and 12th in total offense during his two seasons in Charlotte, also believes Shula will be successful.

“Mike is an outstanding person and coach,” Chudzinski said Saturday in a text message. “He was an integral part of our offensive success in Carolina and I have no doubt he will do a great job

#5 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Man if we can go back to a more traditional offense, im all for Shula. I really powerful run game is what I'm hoping for. We get some maulers up front and we are good. It would help Cam WONDERS.

#6 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I saw that same article but was UNABLE to post it here. Apparently a mod or The Mods have decided that I'm not allowed to "start new topics" my button has been greyed out.

So although I don't call people names, and abide by all the rules, they have taken away my ability to create a thread.

Real fuggin cute

#7 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I saw that same article but was UNABLE to post it here. Apparently a mod or The Mods have decided that I'm not allowed to "start new topics" my button has been greyed out.

thank you based moderators.

also sky is falling, we're doom, fire rivera, etc etc

#8 ecualumni06

ecualumni06

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hey I'm optimistic about this season I'm just a half full kinda girl so I'm just focusing on that

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

I like how Shaun King basically said Shula makes a good QB coach.

#11 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I liked the part where he basically admitted this offense is going to halt it's progression into a modern NFL offense and go backwards.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I like how people assume Shula won't be any better at his job than he was 12 years ago.

#13 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image

Asian women are my kryptonite with their neotnous features. That's all I gotta say about this topic. Lol

#14 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Posted Image

Looks like she's about to deliver any day now.

#15 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,752 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Well thought out piece.

Doubt most of the huddle will be able to grasp the concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com