Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

More Responsible Gun Owners in the News

28 posts in this topic

Please elaborate on how stored names on the equivalent of a readily accessible Excel spreadsheet will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

15 years old...

Illegal use of firearms to cause harm

There have been several mass shootings within the last few months involving assault rifles. To my knowledge, all the perpetrators illegally used their weapons. It may be too early for some to draw this conclusion, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that more needs to be done to properly secure firearms from individuals who should not have access to them.

Please elaborate on how stored names on the equivalent of a readily accessible Excel spreadsheet will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Why does that need to be the standard for checking applicant's backgrounds?

I'm not particularly in favor of an assault weapons ban, but come on. This example and Newtown are at least two good examples of places where a ban would likely have been effective. The argument is that if you ban guns only criminals would have them. But both of these examples were legally acquired firearms I arms used by non-criminals.

I don't think a ban is the answer, but stop trying to pretend that these shooters are the same as some career criminal who got his gun on the streets