27 replies to this topic

#16 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

so no point in having car insurance at all right?

Not really, just the real world impact will vary greatly from the intent.
Guns obviously moreso than cars to a great degree wont ever hit the books and be registered or insured.
Anyone have estimated percenatges on guns illegaly owned in the US?

#17 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,843 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

If 50 rules don't stop gun violence already what makes you think one more might?

I sense the sarcasm, however this wasn't an incident of gun "violence"...

I'd liken this to people showing up in the ER because they shot themselves in the hand with a nail gun...

A sensible solution to help limit these accidents at gun shows would be like I mentioned in that post. Just because I like guns doesn't mean I'm opposing sensible changes to protect folks, even us responsible gun folk, from jackasses who are careless with loaded weapons.

All this talk in other threads about taxes, liability costs, etc. etc. do nothing to solve the bigger problem.

As far as gun violence goes, there is no way to take guns out of criminal hands. We need to focus more effort into taking criminals off the streets, and then most gun folk wouldn't need to have as many guns anyways.

Also, this thread is as good as any, but when you have pigs doing things like this: http://www.wral.com/...bance/11999150/
...I'll stand by my right, and everyone else's, to defend themselves against such disgusting abuses of authority. They're lucky it wasn't my house they forced their way into.

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,331 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Sarcasm from Delhommey? Nooooo...

The one incident in NC stems from an idiot that didn't unload his gun before putting it away... that's not violence, it's stupidity. He shouldn't be allowed to have guns anymore. Pretty straightforward.

Enforce the laws that exist, keep guns out of the hands of people that don't need them as best you can, and as Bronn said, criminals are gonna do what they do no matter what, so short of a complete and total ban on all guns, that's not gonna change.

#19 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

SANTA FE, New Mexico (Reuters) - New Mexico police on Sunday identified the teenager accused of killing five people in an Albuquerque home as Nehemiah Griego, the son and brother of the victims.
Griego, 15, used multiple weapons, including an assault rifle, to kill his family on Saturday night, police said. Griego is charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse leading to death, said Aaron Williamson, a Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department deputy.
Greg Griego, the brother of former state Senator Eric Griego was killed, along with his wife Sarah and three of their children.
All victims had multiple gunshot wounds, Williamson said. Assault weapons are legal in New Mexico, though state lawmakers are considering proposals to expand gun control laws and require background checks for nearly anyone buying a firearm. http://news.yahoo.co...-062232284.html

#20 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

false flag

#21 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Those Chinese factories must be on double shifts to manufacture so many false flags. No way they are unionized.

#22 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Man who murdered his mother with a shotgun in 1995 and spent time in a mental institution obtains gun permit, passes background check, and buys ak-47 and 12 more guns.

http://www.startribu.../187610601.html

Who runs the background check? The government.

Yep, they sure know what they're doing.

#23 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,843 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

SANTA FE, New Mexico (Reuters) - New Mexico police on Sunday identified the teenager accused of killing five people in an Albuquerque home as Nehemiah Griego, the son and brother of the victims.
Griego, 15, used multiple weapons, including an assault rifle, to kill his family on Saturday night, police said. Griego is charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse leading to death, said Aaron Williamson, a Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department deputy.
Greg Griego, the brother of former state Senator Eric Griego was killed, along with his wife Sarah and three of their children.
All victims had multiple gunshot wounds, Williamson said. Assault weapons are legal in New Mexico, though state lawmakers are considering proposals to expand gun control laws and require background checks for nearly anyone buying a firearm. http://news.yahoo.co...-062232284.html

15 years old...

Illegal use of firearms to cause harm

#24 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Who runs the background check? The government.

Yep, they sure know what they're doing.

The only reason there isn't a comprehensive database for firearms background checks is thanks to the NRA, their well funded lobbyists, and weak kneed, greedy politicians. When it comes to comprehensive databases, "the government" has extensive experience creating them. In fact, they have literally been doing it for centuries. So, "Yep, they sure know what they're doing".

#25 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,843 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Please elaborate on how stored names on the equivalent of a readily accessible Excel spreadsheet will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

#26 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

15 years old...

Illegal use of firearms to cause harm

There have been several mass shootings within the last few months involving assault rifles. To my knowledge, all the perpetrators illegally used their weapons. It may be too early for some to draw this conclusion, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that more needs to be done to properly secure firearms from individuals who should not have access to them.

#27 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Please elaborate on how stored names on the equivalent of a readily accessible Excel spreadsheet will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Why does that need to be the standard for checking applicant's backgrounds?

#28 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I'm not particularly in favor of an assault weapons ban, but come on. This example and Newtown are at least two good examples of places where a ban would likely have been effective. The argument is that if you ban guns only criminals would have them. But both of these examples were legally acquired firearms I arms used by non-criminals.

I don't think a ban is the answer, but stop trying to pretend that these shooters are the same as some career criminal who got his gun on the streets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com