Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers4lyfe

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

138 posts in this topic

I guess everybody assumes we will have a good secondary. The fact that Gamble and Capt could both be gone doesn't scare anybody I guess.

I'd like a developmental DT in the fourth, maybe, if we had to go WR and/or OT/OG early. To be fair, my defensive heart would rather go defense, like CB or obviously DT first, but if Warmack's there, the value's just too good to pass up. Fluker would be another worthy consideration. I'm prepared to see Gross and Gamble both go, but that would also possibly create too many roster holes on an already thin roster.

I guess everybody assumes we will have a good secondary. The fact that Gamble and Capt could both be gone doesn't scare anybody I guess.

No, Thomas and Dockery are all-pro corners

I'd like a developmental DT in the fourth, maybe, if we had to go WR and/or OT/OG early. To be fair, my defensive heart would rather go defense, like CB or obviously DT first, but if Warmack's there, the value's just too good to pass up. Fluker would be another worthy consideration. I'm prepared to see Gross and Gamble both go, but that would also possibly create too many roster holes on an already thin roster.

Stick with your defensive heart.

I'd like a developmental DT in the fourth

Yeah, that philosophy of addressing the DT position has worked out so well for us.

1 person likes this

If you are looking at value at 14, you pick the hardest guy to replace in free agency due to prohibitive cost at that position. So OT would be in play as would DE, corner, or WR. Of course who is there when we pick and how highly we have them rated will decide with way we go unless we are drafting need instead of BPA. I am most worried about corner this year but I don't have a clue about who might actually be available in free agency and what we will have to spend. But picking a corner in the first 2 rounds is the only way we assure they can come in and contribute right away. Unless you like who we have. WR is definitely a need, the question is when we address it and in what round. Do we look for a contributor or a star.

Yeah, that philosophy of addressing the DT position has worked out so well for us.

Believe you me, I'd much rather see us get an impact defensive tackle in the first or maybe second, but every time I hope for that in the draft, it never seems to happen. I really, really hope Gettleman can find a way to solve that for us.

Tavon Austin FTW. I am a fan. I wouldn't not oppose drafting him at the 14.

Patterson and Terrance Williams are the only WR's I'd be comfortable with in the 1st round.

While I agree both are fine receivers, Austin has the "IT" factor that people look for in players. His ability is unreal and I really feel like he would be sick in the slot for us. So dangerous with weapons like Smitty, Lafell, Austin, and Olsen.