Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

140 posts in this topic

Posted

He won't make it that far.

Ah, I meant to say 1st. The playoff game is distracting. Yeah, no way he makes it past the middle of the 1st in my opinion. He seems special.

Posted

I'd be happy with Patterson or Allen. Watching how good Julio jones is making Matt Ryan look makes me want us to draft a wr in the first.

Posted

oh yeah the panthers need a big time wr. jones got about 6 catches with 120 yards and two tds in the nfc championship.

thats what the pabthers need...a big 6'3 speed guy like jones.

Posted

I think Patterson can be a J. Jones type player. He's big, physical and he's dangerous with ball in his hands. He can work on his routes.

Posted

I have wanted a big top grade WR for years but not sure about this years crop. If any are worth it.

Posted

we have to take one early or at least make a play for one via trade or FA.

at least now we have a GM that truly values the position and can spot talent.

Posted

Who is the Julio Jones in this draft class, is there one?

Posted

I think #1 wr talent will fall off more than dt talent by the time we pick in the second. Which is why i'd rather go wr first and bpa dt/ol in the second

I'll just have to disagree. There's 8 or so WRs without much separation among them but after Star, Hankins and maybe J. Williams there's not much else at run stuffing DTs, and I don't think any of them will be even close to available with our 2nd. Williams is the only one that might fall to the 2nd at all. Jenkins is more of a 3-4 NT, but if he was available with our 2nd (doubt it) I wouldn't mind if we took him if we went a different direction in the 1st.

Posted

I honesty think we will trade down in the first round to abouth the 28th pick. We get a late first and a 3rd round pick out of it.

Posted

So you think we'll be picking twice in the last 4 or 5 picks of the 1st? I could stomach that, but no one has two late 1sts to offer for ours...

Posted

I honesty think we will trade down in the first round to abouth the 28th pick. We get a late first and a 3rd round pick out of it.

i hope so.

Posted

We will have a pick between 28th -32nd and will pick up a late 3rd round pick. For our 14th pick